Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-04-2005 , 06:27 PM

Boooks and other resources..

howdy i was wondering what were some recommended books to get for learning maya...i know this site has some good videos, but besides that?

thanks!

# 2 11-04-2005 , 10:01 PM
Its really hands on man. The best way to learn something is to do just keep working at it. I did however buy a couple maya books for a jump start right off the alias website. I do beleave also that Mr.Mckinnley helped write...or wrote a book on some maya modeling..i would check that out also
best wishes

# 3 13-04-2005 , 01:01 PM
cool thanks for the reply...yeah i figured it was alot of just workin at it until it becomes second nature. cheers

# 4 13-04-2005 , 04:47 PM
Subscriber
Books can be helpful, but whether a book is good or bad depends greatly on who is reading it. If you have the opportunity, visit a large bookstore or speciality bookstore that carries Maya books and leaf through the pages to see if they are written in a style that suits you and cover's the amount of detail you want. You will probably also find that no one book has everything so you may want a couple of books. A free resource is the help files. The are more than just a glossary, there are tutorials for nearly every function in them. Lastely, assuming you have the full version, look at that PDF references... not light reading, but they are comprehensive.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."