Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 23-04-2005 , 11:19 PM
Great to see you're progressing! Keep it up!

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 17 24-04-2005 , 11:33 PM
Subscriber
well i spent most the weekend workin on textures and a couple hours today doin some renders. i will probably spend another day on the textures and then animate it. overall i am happy with how everything is turning out. c&c are very welcome, needed and appreciated.

user added image

# 18 24-04-2005 , 11:35 PM
Subscriber
Looks great, but images are very dark.. you need a few more lights

# 19 25-04-2005 , 03:44 PM
Subscriber
heres some better renders and a few views. i shoulda known better then to post a black image. . .user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 28-04-2005 , 01:40 PM
Subscriber
i m trying to setup the exhaust particle animation and i m wondering what u used for your sprites? did you make a sequence or use an object. i have a smoke image sequence and wondering if i should use those files or try to create some object that looks like smoke?

# 21 29-04-2005 , 01:32 PM
Subscriber
ok i was hopin to hear from kb. . .but i will listen to anyone that knows how to achieve the smoke effect for this tutorial.

i have also been wondering how many people have done this tutorial, and where i might see some of their work?

# 22 30-04-2005 , 09:50 AM
I used a custom image sequence for the smoke sprites. There's an example sequence on the maya docs cd. You can prolly get good enough results with it.

How to set everything up is a quite large topic. I've been planning to make a tut of this but right now I'm just too busy with other stuff user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 23 30-04-2005 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber
thx for the reply kb. . .i m gonna b workin on it today. so i will post a shot of what i did. but i had setup an animation with software clouds and got everything to look and behave pretty well. you gave me just enough info on the tut to try some things, and after a little while i got a good animation. then i tried it with sprites and couldnt get the same behaviors, but really wasnt sure because nothing was in the sprites! i will look for the example sequence, but i have the reel fire series and can use the smoke from there.

perhaps after i finish this i will work on a written tut for doing the particles and perhaps you could tweak it to make sure its correct.

# 24 01-05-2005 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber
Looking great. I like the textureing. The green looks to satruated in this render but thin again I bet when you put the model in some GI or more lights to sim daylight it will be great looking and hold up well. Agian, great work with the modeling. The Rivets on the texture though look a bit big to me.

# 25 01-05-2005 , 01:02 PM
Subscriber
thx pony. . .you wouldnt believe this, but the textures are very nearly grey. presently the lighting setup is NONE. its all HDR! so all the saturation is coming from kb's backyard!

in the tutorial kb shows a cool method to make a base texture (one i never knew of. . .this tut rocks i swear), so i did pretty much what he did. also, last night i was in my basement and found a modeling kit of 3 helicopters. one of them is an apache. and you are absolutely correct, the rivets are too big. i am not sure if i will redo them for this purpose.