Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 19-06-2005 , 08:24 AM

Michelin F1

Hi everyone,

This is a test for a formula 1 car i am making at the moment. These are the michelin tyres in a simple composition. also trying out messing with DOF. Modelling is not entirely accurate and complete, but once again this is something that i hope that people will comment on to help me with the production version.

Alex

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-06-2005 , 09:37 AM
Subscriber
Tyres look great to me, but the closest one is just blurrwed a bit too much..

Which car you doing bud ? If you are doing Michelin tyres, then it cant be a Ferrari (thank god)

# 3 19-06-2005 , 12:27 PM
Subscriber
Yes the front tyre does look a little to blurred for me. Is it becuase of low res or motion blur or what? But good work, keep it up.

# 4 20-06-2005 , 08:06 AM
I agree about the blurring. Also I have re-modelled the rim to be a bit more realistic and the shaders for it as well. I will post some pictures as soon as i get home.

Thanks for your replies user added image

# 5 20-06-2005 , 12:19 PM
Subscriber
So........ you didnt answer which car you are making ?

# 6 20-06-2005 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber
I bet those tyres don't have problems going round the last corner at Indy. Anybody else see that complete farce yesterday? They really should have cancelled it.

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805
# 7 21-06-2005 , 06:17 AM
Ooops... sorry didnt say which car it is. It's most likely a williams BMW. I did watch the "race" yesterday. Pretty shoddy I must admit. They should have just installed the chicane and let the Michelins run but without the championship points. That way it would have at least been a show.

New picture by the way. Re-moddelled some things but finally found a great ref pic for the rims, so am going to try and tackle them again for a more realistic look.

Comments still welcome.

Alex

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 21-06-2005 , 07:37 AM
Wire...

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 22-06-2005 , 05:11 AM
And another version. I think this is the final one. Some better shaders for this one. What do you think?

Now for the actual car.

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 22-06-2005 , 11:16 AM
Subscriber
The Michelin logo looks very pixilated like you have used a poor jpg image.

Also the tyre in the background... Its nicely blurred except for the centre of the hub, that looks in focus and out of place