Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-06-2005 , 07:41 PM
Subscriber

Missing Part 7 in Rigging Toturial

hi

I'm doing the Rigging toturial, and was really hoping to learn about Set Driven Key, that Micheal promised, but part 7 is missing!. where can I find it???

Maya 4 ever baby!
# 2 06-06-2005 , 08:32 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'll hopefully get time to do it one of these days. :p sorry for the inconvenience.

# 3 06-06-2005 , 08:38 PM
Subscriber
it's fine. I can wait.

Maya 4 ever baby!
# 4 24-06-2005 , 01:26 PM
Are you folks talking about this tutorial: https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=47?

I'm considering buying it. I have Maya PLE 5, the version that came with UT2004. I found another brief tutorial on the web (CharRig101-JakeCallery.pdf) that helped me build a decent foot control with some set driven keys. What it provided was a step-by-step process, but I didn't really get a good understanding of how IK works under the hood and how I could apply IK to other things, or extend it beyond what was in the tutorial.

Does the tutorial above get into the hows and whys? If not, can someone recommend a tutorial here that does?

Last edited by Mooseboy; 24-06-2005 at 08:24 PM.
# 5 28-08-2005 , 02:07 AM
Subscriber

ooo..ooo

i really wish you would make the part 7 for the sdk, and please also add the eye constraint setup as well as adding the head to the bind.