Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-06-2005 , 09:01 PM

Cloth and wieght painting problems. (help me!)

Hi all,

I have been learning maya6 for the last few months and it has finaly come to the point where i am stuck.

Firstly i am trying to put a jacket on to a characters body using maya cloth. Whatever i seem to do with the resolution, solver or other variables in the chanel box it always shrinks up and falls through the guy.
I have followed the cloth shirt tutorial quite a few times and just cannot work out what i am doing wrong. - i think i have tried everything ... could my character being quite large be a problem?

Any ideas why i may be having so many probelms??

Secondly, before - when i played with smoth binding on the earilier versions of my character it seemed to work as i planned. Now when i try and use the paint skin wieghts tool, it doesnt seem to actualy paint the wieghts on and when I return to view the freshly painted skin wieghts the work has disappeared. This is probably a daft mistake my i cant see it.??

anyway.. if you have anyideas please share them.

many thanks
nathan

lobotomy for all!