Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 61 12-08-2005 , 08:06 AM
baheno : i think you need a real obvious sharp shadow comes from the moon..actually the moon got sharp shadow.it will give some sort of mood to the scene i think.and maybe DOF.

Originally posted by cyclad
cool but let me ask you. why dont the default renderers come with active preview in the gui? i mean most of the other progs i use have active renderer. or is alias just "special"

actually i use the img_disp when i close maya.its little bit faster to render throw command line not to mention ram saving..and i can still browsing or chatting but if i render throw maya my ram = 0 and swaping start in very bad way + when the render finish the retireving time is very long..

hope that helps user added image

# 62 12-08-2005 , 10:06 AM
okay, little progress update then

user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 63 12-08-2005 , 02:39 PM
'nother update, damn those arms were a pain to figure out how to do user added image

Attached Images
# 64 12-08-2005 , 03:21 PM
okay, the minifig is fully modelled, gonna add some accesories (sp?), like airtube, helmet, and different guns

Attached Thumbnails
# 65 12-08-2005 , 07:34 PM
nice lego dude user added image
as long as we dont see any lego jedi user added image

# 66 12-08-2005 , 09:29 PM

LEGOS

Legos are one of the greatest toys ever made, I'm glad to see them. The models are looking nice. Great job.

# 67 13-08-2005 , 08:55 AM
fast render, and now there's a gun! user added image

Attached Images
# 68 13-08-2005 , 09:32 AM
just playin' around

Attached Images
# 69 13-08-2005 , 05:29 PM
That lego guy is freaking awsome user added image user added image

# 70 21-08-2005 , 02:49 AM
I think you should keep the scene it like that. That's a sweet legoman.user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 71 21-08-2005 , 08:17 AM

Originally posted by Shadeblade
I think you should keep the scene it like that. That's a sweet legoman.user added image

Thanks, but naaah, I'm gonna add some walls for the little men to take cover behind and I've posed the bear to sit in a corner now.

The only problem I have now is my rendering settings, need to tweak those and maybe redo the walls.
Currently the walls are just a single poly cube with a psd-texture that's got transparency and bump to imitate the look of several planks, Think I might need to change that...

# 72 29-08-2005 , 06:13 PM
okay, the competition is nearing it's end and so is my contribution. It's been a rough week going back to school and startin the various 3d-projects we're about to do there and continuing on this one, I'm feeling pretty satisfied with how it looks at the moment but I still have some tweaking left to do, with only one more day to touch up my scene and the one last day to try various rendering-settings i'm feeling pretty confident on completing this piece.

Don't think it'll be enough to compete for the first price, but I'm still hoping...

anyways, here's a little sneak user added image

Attached Thumbnails