Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 18-03-2006 , 12:02 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Maya Personal? Wheres the watermark?Have they removed it, I could have saved myself a fortune!! Damn

Jay

# 17 18-03-2006 , 12:08 AM
LOL Jay, true, true!!

Looking good vebhe, unique.

# 18 18-03-2006 , 12:25 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay
Maya Personal? Wheres the watermark?Have they removed it, I could have saved myself a fortune!! Damn

Jay

Ahh yes, thanks for the constructive criticism... I appreciate how much better my modelling will become because of your comment, seriously!

You know, maybe I could have actually got a copy of the damn thing, gotten a silver membership on the Alias community website, and furthur still burnt an extra bundle of greens for some video tutorials at this site... My profile still says I have 1 point left (oh joy!), so yeah the thought never even begun to cross my mind.

# 19 18-03-2006 , 09:10 AM
Subscriber
So have they removed the watermark?

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 20 18-03-2006 , 09:17 AM
Subscriber
Nope.
I had a friend render the earlier pics for me (of course, since you can't export mp to Maya Standard more questions will come I'm sure, like pick bones and make fun of the n00b. Of course it's out of the question or totally unheard of that I actually have a friend in the same campus that owns the software, cause like I'm so dodgy ya? Sorry, but watermark is just fugly).
Still, I do know my most recent big spend went towards my computer >< Like, I must be a pirate or something, and that really explains why I'm a paying customer here -_-;

I thought this forum was for posting your WIPs, not for explaining why your render doesn't have watermarks or whatnot in it... Almost half the posts here are off topic and finger pointing, if I'm not welcome here you guys could just say so...

Well, I enjoyed the Video tutorials, but the forum community wasn't so hospitable, you have to explain your actions in great detail because everyone's so supicious.

I always remember: don't copy that floppy!
https://www.archive.org/details/dontcopythatfloppy

Last edited by vebhe; 18-03-2006 at 10:13 AM.
# 21 18-03-2006 , 11:51 AM
Subscriber
eh...what the hell just happened here? user added image

Maya 4 ever baby!
# 22 18-03-2006 , 12:39 PM
Subscriber
Simple, people would rather pick over the lack of watermark rather than offer any real critcism. I mean, I don't mind if nobody's interested in my work, but being accused of piracy is something else, especially when I just spent a whole bunch of points on this site too...

Anyway, I don't think I'll bother to check this site anymore, since that's basically the only comments I really get, kinda sad really. I mean, you take the time to comment you might as well be constructive instead of bashing the newbie...

Last edited by vebhe; 18-03-2006 at 12:44 PM.
# 23 18-03-2006 , 03:45 PM
Subscriber
haha, sry to be this direct dude, but u a so full of crap. People have come with positive comments too your work, and when Jay asks u a small question about that lack of a watermark, u totally freak out. anyway, good luck with finding a better froum then :\

Maya 4 ever baby!
# 24 18-03-2006 , 03:54 PM
Dude

You should seriously chill out. I was actually being honest. I bought Maya a couple of years ago so I dont know what theyve done to PLE these days ie save disabled watermarks...I dont know, 3ds Max has just got rid of theirs on the quiet so...There are far worse comments to be had on other forums believe me!!

If you look at any thread here, comments and crit go from tangent to tangent, subject to subject right down to somebody asking you to go and have a drink on there birthday regardless of whether they are using nurbs, rendering or texturing a finger nail.

One last thing just for the record...simple- Im not. But if you want an apology - Sorry.

Stay on the forum, dont be uptight because of my answer, you never know I could end up helping you out someday.

Cheers for now
Jay

# 25 19-03-2006 , 12:11 AM
Technical Director
woah. dude chill. we are being hospitable. we have helped you. we are not bashing you. the reason we brought it up was because this forum is anti-piracy.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 26 19-03-2006 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
Lol, a little defensive at the question of a watermark. Wonder why that is.

Well once again have they removed the watermark?

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 27 19-03-2006 , 06:23 PM
And the simple answer is - no. (i think, unless they changed it within a month???)

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 28 19-03-2006 , 07:58 PM
As for opening PLE in normal Maya, it cant be done because of the file format and they havent removed the watermark as far as I know

We just cant have blatant piracy on the site. I'll get this thread closed

Later
Jay

# 29 20-03-2006 , 03:57 PM
Subscriber
talk about getting owned!
haha, what an idiot.

bye bye
user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 30 20-03-2006 , 05:55 PM