Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 19-07-2006 , 10:56 AM
Senior Software Developer
Don't know if your going to have issues in the challenge using 2 seperate apps. I think the Maya entry has to be completed entirly in Maya and the Max entry in MAX. Need The Man Mountains judgement.

On the other hand, VRay is great :bow: , wheres the Maya version? Good work so far.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 17 19-07-2006 , 01:03 PM
The Maya Mountain
Nah, doesn't have to be in one program.

# 18 19-07-2006 , 01:35 PM
Well in my defence I have only used one main App. All rendering and hand done modelling was completed in Max with Vray. I could have done the same in Maya with MR, but I've found Vray to be more efficiant and I happen to like it.

Only one other app was used to support my work and thats a very small application called Worldbuilder, all that does is generates heightmaps for your displacement.

Eeekk... Undo!
# 19 19-07-2006 , 04:11 PM
Cool! I like those landscapes a lot and that's a nice start on the rover. Looking forward to seeing how this one develops. Good work!

# 20 18-08-2006 , 08:27 PM
ok so its been a few weeks since i last posted, nothing new visualy to post but had alot of nice ideas for developing this further. Been doing a few tests with materials and techniques, so the next few days should prove to be interesting.

Eeekk... Undo!
# 21 18-08-2006 , 08:35 PM
Been away from this for a little while for moving house, but should still finish in time I hope

Eeekk... Undo!