Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-11-2002 , 08:09 AM
Subscriber

Maya is acting weird!

For some reason, I must have turned some "memory saving" option on or something like that because whenever I turn on "hardware texturing" maya acts weird... It shows the texture, but when I move around, or do something else, the texture disappears!

the same thing happens with image planes! its' really annoying!

look this to see what I'm talking about!

# 2 29-11-2002 , 09:37 AM
Subscriber
it would have helped if you give some specs of your machine like amount/type of ram, cpu, vid card. hard to see what went wrong.

# 3 29-11-2002 , 10:21 AM
Kevin
yes it sounds like you vid vard cannot keep up with the texture updates while you are moving the image around, there are many calculations done so therefore you need a fairly beefy vid card...

alos ram / good mb/ cpu LOL

maya is the ultimate resource vampire... but i had similar probs on my lap top a pc with bad spec

# 4 29-11-2002 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber
ok... the thing is that before it had no problem with it and now it's all weird..

my specs:

AMD Athlon XP 1900+
512MB DDR
GeForce3 Ti500

-Emo

# 5 29-11-2002 , 01:57 PM
Kevin
sorry emo, that`ll teach me to read the post correctly...

looking into it now mate

# 6 29-11-2002 , 02:13 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for all the help guys but I figured out my problem..

In the Preferences, under Display there is a "Fast Interaction" on/off setting and I must have put it to on and that lets everything to move faster, thus taking off all un-needed stuff...

thanks again!

-Emo

# 7 29-11-2002 , 02:22 PM
Kevin
mate , yep just found it LOL

but you got there first... good man there!!!