Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 19-07-2006 , 10:56 AM
Senior Software Developer
Don't know if your going to have issues in the challenge using 2 seperate apps. I think the Maya entry has to be completed entirly in Maya and the Max entry in MAX. Need The Man Mountains judgement.

On the other hand, VRay is great :bow: , wheres the Maya version? Good work so far.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 17 19-07-2006 , 01:03 PM
The Maya Mountain
Nah, doesn't have to be in one program.

# 18 19-07-2006 , 01:35 PM
Well in my defence I have only used one main App. All rendering and hand done modelling was completed in Max with Vray. I could have done the same in Maya with MR, but I've found Vray to be more efficiant and I happen to like it.

Only one other app was used to support my work and thats a very small application called Worldbuilder, all that does is generates heightmaps for your displacement.

Eeekk... Undo!
# 19 19-07-2006 , 04:11 PM
Cool! I like those landscapes a lot and that's a nice start on the rover. Looking forward to seeing how this one develops. Good work!

# 20 18-08-2006 , 08:27 PM
ok so its been a few weeks since i last posted, nothing new visualy to post but had alot of nice ideas for developing this further. Been doing a few tests with materials and techniques, so the next few days should prove to be interesting.

Eeekk... Undo!
# 21 18-08-2006 , 08:35 PM
Been away from this for a little while for moving house, but should still finish in time I hope

Eeekk... Undo!