Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 21-08-2006 , 08:11 AM
rofl wet pants. Hilarious

:attn:

~The Computer Is A Moron~
# 17 21-08-2006 , 05:03 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah I sure did YUK YUK!!

Unfortunatley people just dont get it sometimes LOL

Jay

# 18 21-08-2006 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
Giving Gnomon All Due REspect, I have seen some stuff from them that was, fairly well off.....
I've also seen stuff From Gnomon that was sevearly lacking..

I have a hard time understanding how someone could say that, Gnomon's pre recorded Video's wiht voice over by presumably the artist who painted or modeled the image in question, and video sped up by anywhere from 150-170% is as informative as say, Kurt, going step by step through modeling his scifi gorilla, or Jay with his GI, Not leaving out the smallest bit of Info about what setting to use, or change here and there..

The way i see it, Alot more goes into the Tutorials here, or As was earlier mentioned, Digital Tutors, and the buzz then Gnomon and th elike. HEre, you get a 8 hour modeling sesion in real time with the person explaining what he's doign as he does it..

Gnomon, you get an 8 hour modeling session, somtimes sped up 170 or so percent, with the artist talking about what he did after its done.. To me, no comparison..
yea i've learned things from Gnomon, but no where near what i've learned, Either Teaching myself, or hanging out on SM...

G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 19 26-08-2006 , 06:00 PM
Kevin
I prefer to watch videos of several naked ladies parading about in scanty underwear. But Im just a bit biased

# 20 26-08-2006 , 07:33 PM
Senior Software Developer

Originally posted by Kevin
I prefer to watch videos of several naked ladies parading about in scanty underwear. But Im just a bit biased

ROFLMAO

I have DVD/CD Tutes from Simply Maya, Digital Tutors and Gnomon. So here are crits on all 3.

Simply Maya tutes are great as they are Community Driven and done and supported by the community. They are well put together and take you from step a to z easily. I like them very much, and they have produced loads (I'm not just saying that either).

Digital Tutors is not a real community driven site so is run in a true training environment with input from the community. There CD's/DVD's are very well produced and very expensive, but worth it.

Gnomon DVD's come directly from a uni dedicated to 3D Art and its production pipeline. So there DVD's are really geared towards Intermediate & Advanced Users. They plough through quite quickly and you tend to have to pause and rewind and rewatch and listen quite a lot more.

Summery
I like all 3, but if I was to pick 1 from all 3 I couldn't. I would pick and choose my content from Simply Maya and Digital Tutors. This is due to both content, language and cost.

But I was to choose anything else to watch, I would agree with Kev, Naked Lady Movies are gr8. And if you watch them often enough they actually become educational user added image user added image :blush:

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)