Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 12-08-2006 , 12:07 PM

WIP Koenigsegg CCR

Hi,

This is my first attempt at modelling a car, a Koenigsegg CCR. All modelled using good old polygons. Still a lot to do such as interior, suspension, engine etc. Any comments good or bad welcome.

Thank you for looking.

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

# 2 12-08-2006 , 12:09 PM
looks like a pretty good start user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 12-08-2006 , 12:23 PM
Subscriber

8)

:bow:

what hell of a job ! You spend a couple of hours on it, i guess.
I thought that i'm quite good at polymodelling, but that thing is the best poly model i have ever seen. Way beyond what i could do.

Anyhow, could you post the poly base mesh with wireframe on shaded? Can't wait to see how you did that ..
:bandit:

cheers

mac

..the Force is with me (sometimes)
# 4 12-08-2006 , 12:53 PM
MattTheMan - Thank you, there's a long way to go yet...

mac762 - Thank you for the kind words, heres a couple of pics of the wireframe for you, all quads apart from the odd tri:

user added image
user added image

# 5 28-08-2006 , 07:50 PM
Here is an update with the interior completed, once again all poly modelled. I've modelled it as accurately as I can so that the car can easily be made into a convertible like the real car, and all the bodywork lines up nicely in any configuration of doors/boot/bonnet open or closed etc.

Thank you for looking and please feel free to leave feedback, both good or bad.

Now onto the engine...

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

# 6 29-08-2006 , 03:52 AM
You've done a extermly superb job there !
Cant find anything to critic on except for the left rear light.....or maybe its just me

https://www.imageocean.net/
Free Photo Hosting!
# 7 29-08-2006 , 04:09 AM
Subscriber

Mesh

Wow!

What a clean mesh. Now it's obvious why the surface is looking that perfekt. As i said before, one of the best polymeshes i've ever seen. I'm watching and learning ..hehe
Are you going to texture it?

cheers

mac

..the Force is with me (sometimes)
# 8 29-08-2006 , 07:22 AM
Supra Devil - Thanks you very much, glad you like it. There are a few areas still need a bit of work, I'll take a look at the rear lights.

mac762 - Thank you again for the kind words. There are plans to texture and light it properly yes, but that seems a little way off yet.

# 9 29-08-2006 , 02:55 PM
Good start foghorn, but I would take the time now to go back to your base mesh and clean thinks up a little. The poly flow is very irregular in places, and many of the edges need to be a little crisper. Also, try to put a small gap between your panels where your cut lines are, right now the panels are touching where the cut lines meet. It's the small things that'll make your model step up from good to real.

# 10 30-08-2006 , 02:34 PM
nice work man.

# 11 30-08-2006 , 05:46 PM
dilberts - Thank you for your constructive comments, I shall take a look at the mesh this weekend.

younglion - Thank you!

A few updates, I've tweaked the gearstick as it was a little too fat and the area where the handle goes into the door now has a recessed area at the top:

user added image

I've also modelled the underside of the bonnet where the roof can be stored, the piston arm mechanism, and the windscreen wipers:

user added image

user added image

Once again, please feel free to leave comments.

Thank you.

# 12 30-08-2006 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
Nice progress so far man! Keep going.

# 13 30-08-2006 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber
Nice looking model,
There are a few places that the wire didnt flow really well ti wht topology of the car, but not many..
i say, all in all, you've done very well wiht this car..
I have never actually seen a real picture of the car you're modeling, so i have no basis for a reference to you rmodel, but from the looks of the model its self, it looks fairly nice..
I do agre wiht dilberts that you need a bit of a gap in the body panels, very slight.. it'll set the model off tremendously.
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 14 31-08-2006 , 07:59 AM
this is a really nice peice of work so far, can i ask you what your using for your references?

# 15 31-08-2006 , 08:13 AM
BMS - Thank you user added image

legendofzombi - Thank you, I'm going to try and take a look at the mesh/gaps this weekend.

lewisears - Glad you like it! The majority of my references are taken from Koenigsegg's own website, I've got 250+ images, as well as various videos to understand things like how the doors open. The blueprints I used were from a blueprint website but they needed some alterations before they could be used, and even then they weren't perfect.