Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 21-09-2006 , 02:06 PM
To set the record straight, both apps are used heavily in the game industry. Some studios prefer Max, others Maya. The studio I work for is all Maya (about 200 seats). Everything art-related from levels to characters to props to effects isdone in Maya. I've also worked with Max at previous companies. In both cases, I have always been able to get my work done just fine.

My personal preference is Maya, though, because I tend to animate faster in Maya. If I had to, I could still animate just fine in Max. I'm just more used to Maya right now. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 17 25-09-2006 , 04:33 AM
I like Maya. It just feels more natural. Max was the first thing I tried, and it felt awkward. Maya didn't. So I stuck with it. I still like Maya. It's tools should be the standard for most every other 3d program out there.

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 18 25-09-2006 , 05:50 PM
At the start, i just wanted to make games. And i researched ALOT.
but then after 1-3 months it was more the art/graphic itself i was interested in. Finally i purchased Maya, and started to model, and i found out that Max was used for games at the time and that Maya was used for films.
One met when i got in gymnasium (kind a high school) had max ad i tried it.

I find it very confusing. Maya is so very easy.
And Extrude face & edge really give results user added image

(__/)
(='.'=) This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
# 19 01-10-2006 , 12:22 PM
I start with 3dsmax when i was new but i find modeling in max much harder in 3dsmax then Maya is simple easy to know the tools
I find Maya supb when it come animations