Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-11-2006 , 03:21 AM

very happy to be a maya " expert" ^^_2

this is another interior image,which i did all in maya and composite with sky in shake.

i spend my spare time around 30 hours ....

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-11-2006 , 11:18 AM
There is a lot of black space in your scene, the schadow on the streat is coming from an object that is 50 m high judging by the lighting. Except that the picture is very goduser added image , but you schod work on the lighting, still lots of black space

goksimaster
# 3 07-11-2006 , 11:57 AM
i agree. the dark parts are pretty dark, and in daylight you'd be able to see them a little better... but the modeling and texturing is pretty damned good

Accept no substitutions.
# 4 07-11-2006 , 06:17 PM

Originally posted by NeoStrider
i agree. the dark parts are pretty dark, and in daylight you'd be able to see them a little better... but the modeling and texturing is pretty damned good

that's strange. actually, i noticed this after watching the final image on pc monitor.....,but in apple LCD monitor it 's not " black space" feeling at all....the shadow parts have quiet rich colour reflection , definitely it 's not black.....

anyway, thanks u guys....

Last edited by zhimama; 16-12-2006 at 02:24 AM.
# 5 07-11-2006 , 09:58 PM
oh don't get me wrong, since i've got the fantastic 'adobe gamma correction' i don't see TOTAL blacks, but at the same time, with the brights you've got in your scene because of what i would assume is sunlight, you can't have such total darks because of the GI alone (whether faked or whatever).

Accept no substitutions.
# 6 08-11-2006 , 12:40 PM
don't missunderstand...i didn't mean u r wrong....

i don't know how worse the dark area looks like in ur guys monitor, but in my screen it looks fine....its will be a issue for me...
anyway, i will take care of this in the future....

thanks

Last edited by zhimama; 08-11-2006 at 12:42 PM.
# 7 21-11-2006 , 06:55 AM
I think ur image is very good user added image nice light...

... I agree with that big shadow (its not totally black)... but very boring... maybe u could change it to something more interesting...

I would also work on the foot of the power-pole ... such big thing needs a hole in the street and probably caused some tores around. atm it seems, if it only stands ontop of the street.

Greeds

# 8 16-12-2006 , 01:04 AM
somethin about the board too that is propt up against the building. It looks like it would tip over at the slightest touch. Not very realistic placing for that.

# 9 16-12-2006 , 03:36 AM

F***ing Amazing Buddy!!!!

Hey im too Immatured to do any comments......

Great Job............ !

But i think it better if the light intensity increases a bit.... may be the shadows are too dark...

Real nice texturing work ...... Amazing .... F***ing AMAZING!!

prof
# 10 19-12-2006 , 05:19 PM
ipranawake: it really isn't necessary to include explatives in your comments. If you like it, great, but let's keep the excitement down to an acceptable level. Mkay?

Thanks.

Have a nice day. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 11 20-12-2006 , 04:53 PM
Subscriber
true that dave ... about the work zhimama, i really like the scene dude and especially what youved done with the textures user added image only crit i have which has been mentioned already is that the scene has a little too much dark spots, maybe you could increase the intensity but its up too you... keep up the good work,

marlon