Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 31 11-01-2007 , 01:50 PM
Subscriber
ok textures later. I just git this real nice Wacom tablet from my friend whos a graphic design major and shes letting me borrow it for a long time so i have to get used to it. it seems so fricking nice, i cant wait to move fast with it, texturing might be easy.

# 32 14-01-2007 , 08:01 AM
Subscriber
added some hair. Yey im finally finished besides poly reducing because im at 6110 so i have to but basically no more pic updates until textures. wish me luck lol

Attached Thumbnails
# 33 14-01-2007 , 08:13 AM
Subscriber
and angle show

Attached Thumbnails
# 34 14-01-2007 , 11:28 PM
good luck with the texturing, i would love to see some animation with this character.

# 35 15-01-2007 , 01:17 AM
Subscriber
Thanks young. Yea im goign to rig all of my characters. I have a few more to model like a villian, a number 2 person etc..... you know just to have fun plus an environment. Just like as if It was a game cutscene lol so I do plan on riggin them all thats if i can survive texturing.

# 36 15-01-2007 , 06:55 PM
It's a pitty that you're getting too few replies. Your model is really good. I'm looking forward to see your work with textures and rig. user added image

# 37 15-01-2007 , 10:35 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Jramauri. I dont know lol my threads sinces ive been on here never arrtacted many pppl other then my friends young, vlad, and mmoore lol. Ahhh well I think i have to start replying to others threads more often but sometimes ifeel like why say the same thing someone else just said.

Anways ur model is awesome as well. I love your weapon. Im having problems with mines so i kept it simple. Do you plan on doing more character

# 38 16-01-2007 , 06:14 AM
It happens to me too. In general, my threads don't attract much attention, even if my work is geting good, like my Tesse model. Patience. If people don't want to talk about, we can't force them. Just go on with your model, and listen the few dudes that come to visit you. user added image

I think you should post your model on other foruns, to receive crit from more professionals. Try CGTalk, Cgchat and Polycount. Be warned, people on Polycount are specialized in game models, and they have no mercy doing crits, go for your own risk! user added image

Yes, I intent to do much more chars. From now on, I just want to dedicate myself to low poly modeling. I'd love to work on games industry!

See you, man. Go on!

# 39 16-01-2007 , 09:46 AM
Subscriber
Ohh i know polycount is very harsh. I was watching your thred on there. Ive been following a few people on that site and their work is crazy. I felt like posting there when i feel more confortable with my low poly work but i might post soon. maybe when i get some textures because thats is a huge weakness of mines so they will be able to help me out alot there

# 40 17-01-2007 , 02:49 AM
Hey man, dont know anything about game modeling, but it looks real good!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 41 17-01-2007 , 02:56 AM
It looks nice. I think the corners of the mouth could be brought forwards a little since that area of the face is usually a little flatter and I think it curves back too quickly.

# 42 17-01-2007 , 06:34 AM
Subscriber
Gster123 - Thanks, I dont know much about game models either lol ive just been askin tons of questions to vlad, my other friend who does online games and reading the post on polycount lol. Its a lot harder then i thought it would be

Radican Edward - Thanks also. Hmm ill look at my mesh and fix it. I did follower the prints i used for the face. It was hand drawn so maybe the guy who drew it made a bad print but if u look at my mesh (below) i alligned it with his lips. I did however think the same thing and that his smile was a bit long lol so ill fix it and have new post up soon. THanks for your crit, maybe his smile wont look as awkard no more lol

Attached Images
# 43 17-01-2007 , 01:50 PM
still waiting for some textures........lol take your time man and btw nice avatar.

# 44 17-01-2007 , 02:00 PM
Subscriber
Cool haircut! Yep, definately looking v. anime at the moment which is class.

1 thing though- I reckon you should've gone for a much chunkier glove on the one hand for contrast. Also with a 'thicker' glove you could have gotten away with less polys i think. Keep going though mate, textures on the way i hope user added image

# 45 17-01-2007 , 04:55 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by younglion
still waiting for some textures........lol take your time man and btw nice avatar.

LOl yea i was bored in my flash class when i drew my avatar lol. The new hip and tanned goku lol with a g-tea user added image

I want to start texturing so bad but i keep on throwing out my uvs. UVs are tougher then i thought so ive been struggling but im still giving it some more go's

Petrol i might do a 2nd glove and decide which one i want to keep. U know, just Unwrap both lol but as for the poly count, when i went back to clean my mesh, i noticed i had poly's on top of polys so when i cleaned it up, i made it under 6k which is my limit but i could however delete some on the hand and add more the the face.

Ahhh snow is comming, i hate snow damn boston