Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 08-12-2002 , 11:54 PM
The Maya Mountain
They all work together pretty much in tandem... without one decent component, your other super parts won't work to their maximum capability usually

# 17 09-12-2002 , 03:21 AM
Subscriber
even if you have a great gfx card and a crappy processor, it wont do you much good either, its best to have average components, or have everything highend

gfx card, processor and ram are the most important things, but then again, theyre all thats needed for 3d

BUT if you do lots of multitasking, like have photoshop, combustion and maya open at the same time working on a project, then duals tend to kick in then

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 18 09-12-2002 , 10:11 AM
And even if you have the best of the best system it still requires someone to operate it user added image

Slightly modified quote from Maya: Secrets of the Pros:
Any kind of hardware snobbery won't get you anywhere as an artist.

Some dude (can't remember his name) from Disney said:
Computer is just a very expensive pencil.

user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 19 09-12-2002 , 10:57 PM
Subscriber
nems right.... if you get a 2.8 gig processor, 1 gig RDram, 128mg Ti4600, and a crappy motherboard... it spoils everything....

and about that motherboard... i ran it in a PC shop and damn(in 3DSMaxuser added image) the rendering was damn damn damn fast... and i read a review too... 5/5 overall and in performance,features, and value... although its 185$... I say if you get one of those things highend get everything highend.....

hope it helps,
Tariq