Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 27-01-2007 , 04:48 PM
Acid44
thats awesome man quick progress too i like the eyes especially and the weapons greatuser added image

# 17 04-02-2007 , 05:59 AM
Thanks acid44. There goes my final images, unless someone has some crits to do.

My uvs and color maps. On second map there's some empty spaces, cause I had intention to make more elements for this char... Maybe I can do next days, I don't know.

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

Maya viewport (wires)

user added image

The same, without wires

user added image

Directional light + 3 point lights, no ray trace. I think this render looks too dark...

user added image

FG render

user added image

A large image, showing some modifications on her weapon. Click on image, for a larger version.

user added image

And thats it. Thanks for all those (few) fellows that commented and help me here. user added image

# 18 04-02-2007 , 06:30 AM
Absolutely stunning. Truly fantastic work through and through.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

# 19 05-02-2007 , 06:51 AM
Splendid job, Amauri.

The smirk on her face looks a little awkward in the first render but in the Final Gather render it looks sweet. Not sure why. I think it may be on the Directional light + 3 point lights render she appears to have a bit of a 5 o'clock shadow from the lighting.

Anyhow, goodluck in the competition and let me know how you do!

-Dave