Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 25-02-2007 , 04:47 PM
Subscriber

my kitchen

I showed a model of my kitchen a week ago and I ended up redoing it so I could texture easier. I have made it a day scene and have a few more pieces to add to it. I would like to know what people think so far.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-02-2007 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber
Hmmm.

Well, its ok. You really need to adjust those light settings. I assume you're rendering with Mental Ray .. at least I would hope so at least in Maya.

Work on those textures as well.. um..

..well, keep going. You'll get it.

D3D

___

www.kristopherlee.com

# 3 26-02-2007 , 09:56 AM
Subscriber
I retextured it and lit it as best as I could with mental ray I am just learning how to use mental. I still have pieces to add like the hinges on cabinet doors and a few other items like a kitchen table. but I had someone look at it and they like how I textured it the second time around and I'm happy with it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 26-02-2007 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber
Well.

Its better than the first one. You'll get it, no worries. Take a look at some of my work at www.kristopherlee.com. Make sure you have the latest flash plugin.

I have some work on there and you'll be able to see the lighting and texturing that I do.

Good luck man.

D3D

# 5 26-02-2007 , 10:14 AM
Subscriber
hey rome wasn't built overnight LOL! I think I am doing okay for a guy who has had only 2 3d classes. My school does not offer a lot of 3d electives either. So I have to learn a lot on my own. It sucks because I have paid a lot to attend this school. I have had more video classes than 3d. My degree is going to be for video and animation. Guess I have to keep practicing like I always do. Thanks for the encouragement.

# 6 26-02-2007 , 10:15 AM
Subscriber
The shadows are wicked dark in the second render, other than that it's not lookin too bad. Keep up the good work

# 7 01-03-2007 , 03:23 PM
going by british standard sizes if this is a kitchen re-plan (eg putting in a new kitchen) if you move the fridge over to the left you might be able to squeeze in a 350mm unit or a 200unit pullouthingy that has the shelf basket things for putting jars, botles, packet etc in. But looks good so far.

# 8 01-03-2007 , 05:55 PM
I agree with Rhetoric Camel; the shadows on the 'fridge, for example, are way too "sharp" and hard at the corners. Try doing a little something to have it fade out as it gets to the edges.

And I'm mourning over the loss of that slight-reflection that you had in your tiled floor...but ah well, if you're happy with it ^_^