Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-06-2007 , 06:19 PM

measurement in millimetres?

Oh dear....this is a question of such basic simplicity that I am almost too embarrased to ask it...but I have no knowledge of any 3D program, but find myself having to face up to the reality of learning to use one in my fledgling business as a self employed craftsman...so I will be looking to output work in Maya to a 3D printer...so the question is...(and I was very good and checked out all the FAQ's I could find, but it is obvious that this is too basic a question for even an FAQ entry...is can work in the Maya 3D environment be sized / scaled to millimetres, centimetres?

Becaus e if it is I will use a load of hastily purchased manuals to get me started asap.

Apologies for my ignorance...and any help would be very, very appreciated. Thank you...

Many a Mickle Muches a Markle
# 2 27-06-2007 , 08:13 PM
Hehe I've seen questions alot more simple then this so dont worry. user added image

Just go >>Window>>Settings/Preferences>>Preferences>>Settings, under working units you can change it to meter, centimeter, foot, etc.

And I wish you good luck with Maya and welcome to the SimplyMaya forums. user added image

# 3 27-06-2007 , 08:40 PM
Thank you so much!

I am now going to forge on with confidence (well..a sort of confidence) that I am barking up the right tree. Time for another steep learning curve!

That is excellent news....thanks again.

Many a Mickle Muches a Markle
# 4 27-06-2007 , 08:44 PM
Hehe no problems, I'm always glad to help. user added image