Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-08-2007 , 06:02 AM

ComPorblem

Hi,

Currently, there has been something 'wrong' with my system, I think. In the past, whenever I do something with regards to 3d or plainly gaming, my cpu uses about 99-100% of its resources. It starts to go slow, but still, it finishes the job. However, recently, when I try to render, it still uses 99- 100% of my resources but this time, it doesn't slow down but completely stops and freezes after a few moments. I've just performed a virus check and nothing comes up. I've also cleaned up my registry and defragmented. Still, it's the same. What do you think might be wrong? (512 mb RAM on winxp)

# 2 10-08-2007 , 06:23 AM
Using 100% of the cpu is normal on all computers when doing something thats demanding. Try scanning the computer for spyware.

Also, what's your computer's specs? 512 mib of ram on xp sounds like a bit too little if Maya is rendering large scenes or if there are other programs running in the background.

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 3 10-08-2007 , 03:01 PM
Yeah that's the amount of RAM I've got. However, I don't think that's the problem because, I think I've said this, I rendered a certain file and it finished the job after 3 hours. Now, I'm trying to render the same file and after 5- 9 minutes, the computer freezes.

I've just recently reinstalled my graphics driver (it's the same I've had last time). Nothing's changed though.