Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-09-2007 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber

First Character Model

This is my first attempt at creating a character, rigging him and then animating him (all my own). I haven't really done any other character tutorials, just more or less looked them over. I'm going to use this character to get accustomed to rigging, binding and animating and hopefully get him to walk! It's actually my first creative model (did do the Jedi Starfighter, but it was with the tutorial), so please leave any crits, comments or advice so I can learn and do better the next time!

-MiKe

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-09-2007 , 02:42 AM
Subscriber
honestly it aint bad at all for a first attempt, I have seen worse. Before you statrt rigging and animating could you post a wire?, just want to see the poly management, also the whole character is looking abit square, not sure if this was the style you wanted.

Also try use a 3 point lighting system to show your renders off better, you can find loads of tuts on the internet.

Later

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 3 16-09-2007 , 05:28 AM
Hmm I see potential here, you should make the body smaller and make it a small cartoonish dog pointdexter. user added image

Keep it up, it's really good for a first character