Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 14-01-2009 , 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Agreed. With your hardware setup, running Vista shouldn't be a problem. XP 64 is like Microsoft's forgotten child, lighter than Vista, not nearly as supported as XP 32.

- Genny
# 17 14-01-2009 , 07:21 PM
well the bluescreens, we foudn out had somethign to do with the USB ports....i might try Vista again soon, and even though I have a partition set up for it will probally leave it till the summer, was planning about a reinstall then anyway, just to clean things up.

# 18 14-01-2009 , 07:57 PM
back to the tutorial, still slowly working my way through it. Found a really good one on youtube so been watching and doing that.

He talks about having *aaargh! brain blank* but on the sphere a line brighter than the others, i can't see what he's talking about, no matter how much i rotate.

Also when he grabs a vertex..or point, what ever its called to move it he also seems to grab the others around...or linked to it.
Obviously click and dragging isnt quite the same...or I feel like its not quite the same. So is this a keyboard short-cut or what?

# 19 14-01-2009 , 09:33 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by roco5000

Also when he grabs a vertex..or point, what ever its called to move it he also seems to grab the others around...or linked to it.
Obviously click and dragging isnt quite the same...or I feel like its not quite the same. So is this a keyboard short-cut or what?

I would also like to know the same thing. After a while I had decided that he was clicking and dragging but I couldn't see the box or he fast forwarded it. But it does sound like he is hitting some keys when he does that.

# 20 15-01-2009 , 08:33 AM
Subscriber
perhaps he used the pain selection tool? although i'm not aware of a hotkey for it, so he might have made his own?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D