Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-01-2003 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber

mouse problem

Just wonder if anyone can help me...I need to buy a new mouse. You're prob thinkin where's the problem in that but there is - a major one...I suffer from an affliction...Im left-handed!!! user added image

Save the sympathy, I just need to find a decent left-handed optical mouse!! Help - pleeeeease

# 2 19-01-2003 , 05:39 PM

# 3 19-01-2003 , 07:07 PM
Subscriber
Cool. Thanks mate. Looks interesting. I did actually check out the Logitech site earlier but I must have missed that one. Can't believe no-one makes left-handed mice. And alot of newer mice now have buttons on the side and all over the place, which makes it obscure for left handed ppl.

# 4 20-01-2003 , 11:32 AM
what about the M$ Optical mouse (L&R handed)

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 5 20-01-2003 , 11:46 AM
wow! i didn't know how much luck i have! im left handed but the I use the mouse with the right one.... I just know the prob form joysticks if i want to play at my brother's pc...

thank god for my mouse-compatible-right-hand!!

# 6 20-01-2003 , 11:57 AM
Subscriber
Whatever you do NO NOT get that Logitec mouse!!! It'll save you a LOT of trouble with maya..

I have the Optical Cordless Freedom from Logitech and the middle mouse button works whenever it wants to...user added image and I'm not kidding...

I have to restart a few times so it works... I've tried everything but it's not compatible I guess...

Other than that, it's great!!
-Emo

# 7 20-01-2003 , 12:14 PM
oh, i have also a logitech... i don't know the exact name (it is optical cordless and has a thumb-button)... the middle button i have on this thumb-button, but it's not sure that in maya this is the same button, sometimes the wheel-button is the middle one.

i know it sounds strange and YES it is strange! perhaps its just the wrong driver....

# 8 20-01-2003 , 12:29 PM
Subscriber
yes Abra, I have the same exact mouse with the thumb button....and now that you mention it, i never thought of setting the thumb buttom to be a middle mouse buttton!....

-Emo

# 9 20-01-2003 , 01:19 PM
in my opinion its much easier than the wheel-button! and u don't often need a 4th button

# 10 20-01-2003 , 01:30 PM
I have the logitech dual optical usb mouse and no problems whatsoever. The wheel works fine. I have the 4th button as Enter. Quite handy in many places. Don't know if there is a left handed version of it...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!