Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 29-04-2010 , 06:26 AM
Cheers BTommyB!

I had wondered if I'd get any comments about it looking similar, it wasn't my intention to copy that design at all, I just came up with the idea of a bike transforming onto one wheel and went with it.
I've got quite a bit more to do to it before it's done, so those other details should do the job.

Not had any time to do any 3d bits for the past week as I've been trying out for another job, should hopefully get some more done over the weekend.

# 17 08-05-2010 , 07:25 PM
C'mon mate!

Updates!

On a side note had a crack on that uniboard (or one wheeled self balancing skateboard)

Damm, it's superb!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 18 11-05-2010 , 02:46 PM
Lifetime Member
I think its called a 'ripstik' over here gster, looks like broken bones material to me!!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 19 11-05-2010 , 03:11 PM
Just had a look at that ripstick, Its nothing like one. Its only got 1 wheel, it self balances you and is motorised so all you do is lean to go!

Come on Dango!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 20 11-05-2010 , 08:43 PM
Sorry for the delay in reply, I've been really busy working so have had zero time for much else but sleep!
Will try to get back onto it soon, just adjusting to a new job which is wearing me out, and taking up too much of my Maya time...lol

Saying that, I've since come up with a second version I'd like to try building, similar concept, just another style. As it's a multiple entry comp I'd like to try doing both (chuckles at the thought of managing that...) but we'll see.

I'll try posting an update as soon as possible, I promise!

That uniboard sounds fun, I'd love to give that a go!

# 21 11-05-2010 , 10:48 PM
Lifetime Member
I will have to look it up gster, yeh right, I have seen those, apologies mate, I thought it was the ripstik. Looks cool!!

bullet

go dango go

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 22 12-05-2010 , 12:09 AM
Lifetime Member
Side by side pilots dango, thats an idea. I think I posted before, centre wheel that retracts when at high speed, maybe a military one??

I have been watching 'Stormhawks' cartoon with my kids, GREAT show man, I love it!!! I like the idea of the sky bikes. Gives me an idea (just have to get time to design it!!). A skybike, hammerhead shape at the front, pilot lies on it (kinda like a motorcycle but more horizontal). With control planes at the back which are also pegs. The front 'handlebars' would also have movement like a pec or chest exercise machine. So when you are laying on it you could push down/ up slightly to give you aerolon control if you know what I mean. Kinda put your hands on your ears, elbows up and out then bring your elbows in to meet, if that explains the movement.Just an idea.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

Last edited by bullet1968; 12-05-2010 at 12:12 AM.