Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-05-2011 , 08:22 PM

Help Please...Newb-- Questions??

Hello everyone ..I was wondering two things actually ..Im new to Maya ..have modeled a couple of small projects like a stage and building ..but now i want to move up a notch ..i want to try and model myself and bring me to life you know a modeled character animated textured and everything ..any ideas on where to begin? Or good beginner modeling people tuts? Help would really,really ...be appreciated

P.S. Also my other question is if you have a video and want to import it into a scene in maya ...can that and or should that be done or is it better to just export scene into composite program like AE????

# 2 10-05-2011 , 09:08 PM
EduSciVis-er
This is a steep challenge for yourself. I think going from a building to an animated human is many notches, not just one. I'd recommend a small organic project, like an animal or an alien or something. Here are character tuts though: https://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-..._id=&sub_cat=2
Humans are notoriously difficult to get right (I haven't done any human models yet, still too daunting).
Compositing is better done in a package like AE or Nuke or Composite.

# 3 10-05-2011 , 09:17 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

P.S. Also my other question is if you have a video and want to import it into a scene in maya ...can that and or should that be done or is it better to just export scene into composite program like AE????

It's possible and is useful for match moving. But I'd only recommend it if it's a really short clip and you lack some kind of compositing program.