Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 01-03-2012 , 01:17 AM
Lifetime Member

How to move sound file along timesilder??

Hey guys,

I've imported a sort sound clip into an animation I'm working on but I need it to be half way through the animation. I was wondering how to move a sound file along the time-slider as it has imported the clip at he start of the animation. I thought you could move it like you move keys, shift drag to select then the little arrows but that doesn't work.

Little help Please??

Cheers,

-J

# 2 01-03-2012 , 03:03 AM
Subscriber
usually u would do that in something like premier and not in maya. putting it in maya is more just so you can reference where you're supposed to be making your animations. at least that's how my workflow works.

# 3 01-03-2012 , 06:07 AM
Lifetime Member
I am aware of that. and the part of my animation that i need to be synced with the music is half way through my animation not at the start, hence why i have to move the sound clip.

# 4 01-03-2012 , 06:09 AM
Subscriber
well if ur doing it in a program like premier the it should just be an issue of drag and drop where you need to put it on the sound line

# 5 01-03-2012 , 06:15 AM
Lifetime Member
Im not though. I have a three minute song that me and two others are animating a piece for. I have been given a certain section of this song. At 2.47sec in the song I have to time a person falling down some stairs to the beat of the song. I have edited the song to extracted the part that i need to time my animation to. Its a 10 second extract. I need to move that clip half way down the time slider in MAYA first to time the animation to the beat.

# 6 01-03-2012 , 06:23 AM
Subscriber
i think there might be an option by right clicking the timeline>sound

# 7 01-01-2016 , 12:32 AM
You do it in trax editor - under windows - animation editors, that is the method I know.

God! The man/woman wants to know how to move sound. Stop trying to understand why - he/she has her reasons... 90 % of all comments on this whole site are fools suggesting other methods. Just answer the question and if you can't well you shouldn't be wasting people's time now should you? If it was in premiere... Well its not in premiere, its not on the moon, its here on earth and on Maya. And By the way - Its totally obvious WHY in this case, in some cases it isn't but here it is, you cannot sync animation to sound in after effects or premiere.

Last edited by Jordan445; 01-01-2016 at 12:44 AM.