Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-07-2012 , 12:39 PM
Subscriber

Need Ideas fast please!!!!

Hi all

Please help out, One of our local online computer stores have a competition starting today to make a 15-45sec commercial for them, we have time till the end of July before competition ends (only for their clients thou)
The prize isn’t that great (Sony Handycam HDR-CX190 FULL HD) none the less

Now most guys is handing in real movies they made with their camcorders of some idea for them as a commercial, but nowhere in the rules say I can’t make an animation in Maya

Now this is my idea I have, obviously to make an animation that looks good for that long for me would take longer than a month ( I am a slow poke)
But if I can make stick characters for my film and keep everything black and white and simple I might save some time,

This is the story line i am thinking of, the company name is SIMPLICITY so i want to start with a splash screen that says BEFORE SIMPLICITY then start my first clip of a guy on a telephone (with a cord) and someone walks by and trips over the wire, then clip 2 is a guy playing xbox with a remote in he’s hands (wired of course) and someone trips over he’s remote then clip 3 a guy with a laptop where the network cable is on the floor and same story someone trip over it,

Then the second Splash screen pops up saying AFTER SIMPLICITY, then the 3 same clips but this time the guy with the phone has a cell, a wireless xbox remote and a Bluetooth dongle or wifi router setup for last guy.....sure you guys catch my drift on how i want to promote simplicity (lol)
(All these products they sell) or maybe replace the laptop 1 with a guy listening to music maybe with earphones etc

Now where do I start....................?
Any ideas on how to make nice stick men and items?

Conquering The World One Pixel At A Time !!!!
# 2 03-07-2012 , 01:31 PM
Senior Software Developer
Stickmen would be easy mate. Its the rigging and animation that might cause you issues.

Create the basic stickman and then have at least 3 splits alone all points to help with joint rigging and animation. Just an idea/starting point for you.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)