Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 06-07-2012 , 10:31 AM

Update! I exported the problem object as an .obj with `materials`, `smoothing`, and `normals` set to `off`. Imported the obj back into the scene and it worked! Just thought I'd give you the heads up.

Thank you!! I will try it tomorrow, just pulled an all-nighter. 6AM, sun's been up for a few.

The education version of Maya is severely buggy. A few hours ago I unhid a layer that I was resuming work on... It tries to autosave (even when turned off) then gives a prompt about the educational version-ness of the software, then promptly crashes. Happens every time I reload the file and try to unhide that particular layer, which had been working just fine for the longest time during which I didn't touch it. Luckily I've been saving paranoid-progressively since this last snafu.

I had done a lot of work on another layer so I imported the objects I'd worked on back to an old save file and it stopped crashing.

I have a few dozen shader networks, maybe that's why?

RE: UV Sets - I was layering textures.

Animation student!

Last edited by isabellasouth; 06-07-2012 at 10:42 AM.
# 17 06-07-2012 , 03:51 PM
I am thinking of using render proxies to see if it helps in the buggishness. At least if there's a corruption it won't affect other files, or so I hope?

Animation student!