Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-06-2013 , 10:05 AM
cdozier86

Texture/Color not present when rendered

Hello,
I have a tiff image that I'm using as a texture, along with a displacement map to match it. The texture looks like it works great in the IPR, but when I render the colors and details of the texture are gone. The displacement map still works fine, but the images of the texture appear to be gone, or just blown out or completely different somehow. Any help would be appreciated, I attached two images to compare.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-06-2013 , 12:24 PM
EduSciVis-er
Physical sun and sky puts a gamma correction node on the camera, but your texture is already gamma corrected as an image file, so you need to "un-gamma correct" the texture, so everything is only corrected once. Put a gamma node between the texture and the material, and set the correction factor to 0.454 0.454 0.454.
Look up linear workflow for more info.

# 3 22-06-2013 , 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

- Genny
# 4 24-06-2013 , 05:38 AM
cdozier86
Oh wow thanks so much it helped a ton thanks!