Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-06-2013 , 01:30 PM
Subscriber

Problem Physically Accurate Lighting Tutorial

Dear all,

I am a Newbie in Maya and have seen the Tutorial about the Physically Accurate Lighting which I enjoyed very much. I was quite satisfied with my results following all the steps the author Dave showed. I am not yet done, butI am enjoyed already the in between renderings.
Now my question. Is there any way to put also realistic looking visible light rays into the scene? I think this would give a final kick to the scene.

Thanks for your help.

Jens

# 2 30-06-2013 , 06:43 PM
Subscriber

Light Rays or God Rays

Light Rays can be added during your post production in Photoshop using a gradient overlay or using basic light lens flares etc.

You can also buy lens flare plugins from Red Giant

They can be made in Maya , Gnomon have some free tutorials on adding Fog to the lens

Cheers

Alan Wilson

www.paperpilot.com

Last edited by BldRnr; 30-06-2013 at 06:51 PM.
# 3 02-07-2013 , 01:57 PM
Subscriber

Thanks for answer and guidance

Thank you for your answer.
I thought also about to get it done with fog function. will try it out :-)

Jens

Light Rays can be added during your post production in Photoshop using a gradient overlay or using basic light lens flares etc.

You can also buy lens flare plugins from Red Giant

They can be made in Maya , Gnomon have some free tutorials on adding Fog to the lens

Cheers

Alan Wilson

www.paperpilot.com

# 4 02-07-2013 , 03:19 PM
Subscriber
Fog can be very expensive as a render, best to do it in post if you can

# 5 11-07-2013 , 01:48 PM
Subscriber
Thats the problem, until now I have tired to stick with Maya only, but I see it will be necessary to get familiar also with Ppppppost :-O

Thanks for advise.

Jens