Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-12-2013 , 03:21 PM

chain runs at different speeds

Hi Guys
After some really good help from Genny, I have now got my chain modelled and the start of some animation on it, however if you watch the chain carefully you can see it runs at different speeds as it is going round.
At first I thought it would be either a case I needed to go into the graph editor and set the keyframes to linier or I needed to rebuild the curve, I did the keyframes and tried doing the curve but from earlier on in the build session I rebuild the curve and I keep getting the following message // Warning: rebuildCurve3 (Rebuild Curve Node): -1486618624.000 is an invalid tolerance. Using 0.000. I have tried to use 0 in the tolerance field but this makes no difference and the whole thing makes no sense to me.

If anybody has any ideas, I would be very glad to hear them, if anybody would be willing to have a look at the scene, it can be downloaded from this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9h...it?usp=sharing
As ever, I will be very glad for any feedback.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Trikeman

p.s.I know the gears are not running at the right speed but I can’t twek this until the chain is running at the right speed.

Last edited by trikeman; 16-12-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: missed out a space in the title