Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 11-02-2014 , 08:47 AM

modelling 3d character

Hello, i am newbie in maya . I am trying to make a 3d character but when i am selecting character's hand its leg is also selected . why ? please help. Thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ahad007; 11-02-2014 at 08:48 AM. Reason: image uploaded twice
# 2 11-02-2014 , 09:10 AM
Lifetime Member
It appears that it is the same piece of geometry. Go to the outliner (window>outliner) and see what is selected when you click on an arm or leg. You can separate them if you want by selecting the faces you want separate and then going mesh>separate.

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 3 11-02-2014 , 11:24 AM
Lifetime Member
Or they are grouped Yeti? I dont think you have to select faces....mesh separate should suffice. Though this has backfired on me once LOL and I ended up with a gazillion bits.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 11-02-2014 , 11:31 AM
select the faces for the arm and go to mesh - extract, you can then group the arms and legs ... The arms+legs are all one mesh together, when you extract it'll separate this big mesh to more parts.

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^