Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 02-04-2014 , 11:41 PM

Tools swap functionality?

Hello! New to the forums and the site in general, so pleasure to meet you!

I'm currently working on a project for work, and I came across an interesting bug? I guess you could call it that.
I'm by no means a pro at maya, slightly above beginner level, and I can fix this issue but I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this sort of thing before.

The parts I have been modelling, I have used a good deal of booleans (I do know the risks of such) but for some, strange reason, the functionality of Boolean Union and Boolean Difference have swapped places!

I thought my mesh was broken trying to boolean difference, but found it it was uniting them. So in order to use boolean difference I have to click boolean union, and vice versa.

I'm sure the problem can be fixed with the script editor so that's fine, but I was wondering if anyone knows what would cause such a thing? I haven't done anything that should have altered these in any way.

Kind Regards!
Mike

Last edited by ThreeFro; 02-04-2014 at 11:47 PM.
# 2 03-04-2014 , 01:58 AM
EduSciVis-er
I wonder if there is something like reversed normals on your mesh that would cause the calculation to be performed "backwards".

# 3 03-04-2014 , 02:03 AM
Hmmm, I don't think so, the normals are all correct.
I think it's the tools themselves. I clicking one does the job of the other, of course boolean intersection is left out and still does it's duty.