Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-05-2014 , 10:30 PM

Rollercoastertrack

I'm trying to figure out how to make a rollercoastertrack - I did the basics:
Extrude a profile along a curve that has the bends I'd like the track to make. I tried this with extruding a curve along that track's curve and by extruding a poly along it - works fine so far.
My question is: how can I make it so I can control the direction a part of the track (extruded geometry) leans, i.e. if the cart that one day should ride upon and along it leans outward, inward or even does a corkscrewy spin along the track?

I've looked into some material about motionpaths/flowpaths, but could not produce anything close. I feel I'm on the right way with deformers, though - am I?

I'd be glad for any hints or tipps!

sidequest: where can one find the option to display a curve's direction like blender does?

Last edited by borlag; 12-05-2014 at 10:33 PM.
# 2 13-05-2014 , 01:35 PM
The thin red line

# 3 13-05-2014 , 07:45 PM
Thank you for the link. I fiddled around with it but it just creates a mess instead of a track.
I'd expect it to bring something with it, being an industry standard and that expensive.
Extruding along a curve seems so close, I'd think that by using a lattice of some sort should do the trick...

Any more ideas?