Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-02-2003 , 07:40 PM
Subscriber

Setting Keys in Character animation.

Hey Guys,
I have a question about keying a pose of a character..
How do you guys do it? do you use auto key? or Character sets?

The problem I have is this..
I pose my character on say frame 1. I pose it to my liking.. and I'd like to set a key for the pose, rather than going back to each controller and setting a key, or setting keys before I'm done posing the character...

Just wondering how you guys do it.

Thanks,
George

God Bless you and 3D
# 2 22-02-2003 , 07:53 PM
For this purpose, you can use character sets. Just create a character set with all of your controls, switch to your character set when animating, and whenever you set a key, all of your controls will be keyed. It makes for a lot of keyframes later, but that's usually not that big of a deal to cleanup (if you even need to).

I fluctuate between using character sets and just animating. It really depends on how I feel. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 24-02-2003 , 03:58 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the tip Danny... I'll give it a try.

I also found a melscript in highend3d.com called pose2shelf. You select certain controllers, run the script, and it makes a shelf button to select those controllers and then I could proceed to set keys for those selections.

I just gotta try and see what I'm confortable with.

Thanks again,
George

God Bless you and 3D