Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 19-09-2015 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber

Spach-Alspaugh House texturing

Hello,

i saw the Spach-Alspaugh House Tutorials and it looks very interesting for me. A Project from the scratch to UVs. But i can`t find Part 3 for texturing the House and Plants. Is there a Part 3?

# 2 19-09-2015 , 07:05 PM
SM Tea Boy
Part three is coming now. Should be out at the end of the week.

Here is a WIP shot sorry about the low quality. It's just a WIP i've still got a bit of grading to go before it's ready.

All the best
Dave

Attached Thumbnails

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 19-09-2015 , 07:18 PM
Subscriber
Thanks a lot for the fast answer. Can you tell me how much this part will be cost?

# 4 19-09-2015 , 07:44 PM
SM Tea Boy
Can't say until it's ready to go. Probably from 20 - 30 usd there will actually be three volumes released at once that you can pick and choose from or you can of course do all three.

I split it into

Vol 03: Complex paint effects and animation this will include texturing for trees and grass and that sort of thing and materials. As well as covering the process of creating an fully animated environment. we'll also cover the caching for that as well, so lot of different bits covered in this volume.

Vol 04: Texturing the main house. This one covers techniques for painting in Mari you can now buy mari indie for a few bux a month even if you never do the tutorial pick up a copy of Mari great texture programme. It also covers getting more advanced texture bakes out of maya to aid the texturing process.

Vol 05 covers the new pass system in maya 2016 then compositing for both the still shot and the animation. Background replacement for animations, sky replacement color grading that sort of thing.

I've had to split it up to let people decide which parts there interested in and also make it as comprehensive as possible.

All three volumes will be out at the same time next week.

Hope that helps
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 20-09-2015 , 08:08 AM
Subscriber
Hello,

thanks for the answer. I had a look on the Mari Indie at the Steamshop. Its a smaller Version of the Full App. My Question to this. Is this enough to Texture Models? I didn`t used Mari in the past and iam new in the 3d world. So my interestings are in making compositings and realistic looking objects such exterior and interiors, enviroments and so on, iam not interested in building games or large movie productions. Is this Mari Indie Version enough for such things? here is list of the restrictions of Mari Indie:

Project file (.mra) linked to Steam account / cannot be shared with other users
The UDIM patch count is limited to 6 patches per object, unlimited channels and layers
Object count is limited to 3 objects
Export texture resolution size limited to 4k and 8-bit color per channel
Allowed export formats: .psd, .png, .tga, .jpg
Output formats no longer available .exr, .tif, .tiff, .hdr, .dds, and .ptx
Python scripting disabled
Custom shaders not allowed

Explicit this "Object count is limited to 3 objects", i don`t understand. I think this is the greatest restriction? are 3 objects enough? how can i texturing a whole scene with only 3 objects?

Last edited by gopper0815; 20-09-2015 at 08:12 AM.
# 6 20-09-2015 , 01:36 PM
SM Tea Boy
The limitations won't be a problem. None of the painting you see in the above image breaks the mari indie limits.

I'll record you a short video showing you what the limitations mean.

btw i have no affiliation with the foundry I use mari simply because in my opinion it's the best thing to use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vukP-dphdXk

# 7 20-09-2015 , 03:21 PM
Subscriber
hello,

thanks for the video and the explanation in this. That are great infos. So i think i will do a subscribe and try it, because this house-project is exact this, in what iam interesting to do.