Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 25-03-2003 , 09:13 PM
Hi babyduck, just wonder if i can see more of the before and after subd shots of the car, just like the firsy post, thanks, and btw, i looks good!!

# 17 25-03-2003 , 11:58 PM
Simply Maya OG
Duck! You are modeling my FAVORITE truck. Looks damn nice so far too. I was gonna do the same, but I just never got around to doing it. Keep up the good work!

- Hybrid
# 18 07-04-2003 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber
first i have to tell you all, i am still working on it. i just right now dont spend time for maya at all as my fiancee is visting me for a few weeks.

I-Iybrid: Duck! You are modeling my FAVORITE truck. Looks damn nice so far too. I was gonna do the same, but I just never got around to doing it. Keep up the good work!

well, i hope i finish this one before you try it yourself. and it was my favourite truck too. right now we (my future wife and me) think about getting a 1500 silverado instead of the dakota when i am in the states and have work.

mr2turbosw20:Hi babyduck, just wonder if i can see more of the before and after subd shots of the car, just like the firsy post, thanks, and btw, i looks good!!

oh, ok. did not think the before after shots are that important. i attach a picture of the last shot with before and after smooth - no change on the model done since last render. and it is no subd. i dont think i will ever put it into subd, but leave it as poly.

# 19 07-04-2003 , 04:50 PM
Wow! Great job so far. Can't wait to see more update

# 20 08-04-2003 , 08:37 PM
thanks for the before and after shots. i just thought the before and after shots would gives me ideas on how i should model my car, coz everytime i convert it to subd, i has unwanted shades and all those edges, like i want it partly round and partly smooth, those shots would help!! thanks

# 21 09-04-2003 , 12:50 PM
Wow does look very nice. im planning on modeling a vehicule soon. so far ive only done a row boat, a motor boat, and a cunue(sp) for practice and think i might attampt a plane i already have blue prints for (an F-117 Stealth) or a F-22 Raptor.

I cant wait to see it out. nice color choice too, have anything in a dark greenuser added image

# 22 09-04-2003 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
BBAABBY Duck glad to see ur back
ps (with some xtra force!!!)
kisssees

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 23 11-04-2003 , 06:43 AM
Subscriber
Very cool, i really gotta learn more of the program! I got it a few weeks ago, and the more i learn, ALL I WANT TO DO IS LEARN MORE!

Also i think MisterTurbo over there was referreing to subdividing/smoothing (Lightwave's smooth funtion is an option in the Subdivide tool) and not SubDs the objects.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2