Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 23-04-2003 , 03:15 PM

oh my dear jollyjoker

Hi to all that's my first post on WIP.
very preliminar phase of poly head modelling of my clown-joker... i have to split poly more and more.
if anyone have some tips or opinion i will be glad.
cheers

There's No Grace, there's No Guilt, this is
The Law, Do What Thou Wilt
# 2 23-04-2003 , 05:18 PM
nice clean mesh, can we see a smoothed rendered version? Mite be able to give a better crit from that

user added image

Ps. Images of 600 width are better to post (think of the little people on 56k's) user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 23-04-2003 , 07:15 PM
Im guessing that your using the monster head tut method??? Looking good for just now, how bout a smothed person.And ditto what P_M said bout the image size.

Black_Robe

''Where do we go now?Where do we go now?...''
# 4 24-04-2003 , 04:02 AM
looks sweet like ur name too.. louie.

# 5 24-04-2003 , 07:37 AM
ooook i'll post a smooth version;;;
you can see i'm in a really rough phase
sorry me for the size of the image! i was chilled out by my euphoria.
Black Robe: yes i have used the tecnique: "poly the profile, split a little,(drink wine) drag some points, split more (drink more wine) etc etc like Hobbitguy told.
ps: thans Raull

# 6 24-04-2003 , 07:49 AM
Subscriber
I think the corner of the mouth is cool. gose with the nose!

PS. let me know if you would like help getting ride of the creas in the midle. You probly have it covered though.

# 7 24-04-2003 , 08:00 AM
thanks pony, about the creas in the middle i leave it for last and i thought to make a kind of bridge but if you have aparticular tecnique feel free to write it. i'm happy to learn more user added image
next i want to finish the eye, eyebrow and forehead.. and for the last i'll go to the nose. no ear this time cause ears will be covered by a joker sadomasostyle-hat

cheers

# 8 24-04-2003 , 09:08 PM
Subscriber
If your staying in polys, move the verts that are along the creased line back away from the midle in the x direction. Move them some what away from there. You will just have to expirament to get the feal of how to get what you want. But you should have good results from the start. The key is to leave at least 1 vertix on the midle line or very close to it.. the poly mirror geo will brige the gaps nice but kepp the 2 mirrored right ware they should be, becouse of the one vertex forcing the mirrored side to the right spot. but the mirror poly ( with attach terned on .. LOL ) will bridge the gap on the rest of them.

The reson the seam is there is becouse even thought it might look like there is just one edge there when you mirror. when you smoth it dosn't treat it like that.. it treats it like there are 2 edge there.. and it puts the extra geo that makes it smoth, inbetween thoughs spots, forming a edge..

I'm probly explaining porly, I could provide pic's if needed..

# 9 25-04-2003 , 04:29 AM
Subscriber
Looking good man, keep it up.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 10 28-04-2003 , 09:27 AM
Pony you are a good guy and i find cool the tecnique.. sure if you want to send me an example pic mail here bianchi@itistheend.com
thanks
drink with class

# 11 28-04-2003 , 01:28 PM
Subscriber
ok I will as soon as I'm up tomarow..