Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 29-04-2003 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber
Hey, Nspiratn
It's not legs that bothers me.... I love them user added image
it's something about wings....Shape itself is cool, it's just (can't remember how are those things called).... I'll post a pic and explain you later (when I remember the that word).

As I said , I really like model!

# 17 29-04-2003 , 05:03 PM
lol ok.

Should be done modeling the wings soon too.

~nspiratn
# 18 02-05-2003 , 06:39 AM
Just a suggestion, can you adjust the neck a little bit.user added image

# 19 02-05-2003 , 07:13 AM
That nurbs Shark Video requires points, and consequently money, which I don't have. Guess I'll just have to miss out on it.

Oh Well.

~nspiratn
# 20 03-05-2003 , 06:25 PM
cool stuff. is this nurbs happy work,

# 21 03-05-2003 , 06:46 PM
Is that a question?

Then yes, its fun. Even if patching is a pain in the rear! hehe.

~nspiratn
# 22 03-05-2003 , 06:56 PM
Patching is by far the most tedious and difficult part of NURBS modelling. I like to compare it to math, you might stumped, frustrated and all at an equation, but when you finally solve it, you get to feel good.

I believe NURBS curves are a part of CG every modeller should learn, regardless of how much he intends to use them anyway, since they keep being pretty much a standard in the VFX industry, although being slowly replaced by SUBD workflow.

Also, if your thing is product design, then you´re going to keep on modelling with NURBS since these curves -and surfaces- are used for CAD and CAM applications anyway.

# 23 04-05-2003 , 12:56 AM
Ok, my first shot at texturing EVER

I will appreciate ANY input you have, even if you say it SUCKS, because I have a strong feeling it does. lol
Created that in photosop btw.

thanks.

~nspiratn
# 24 04-05-2003 , 03:34 AM
Revised Texture

Removed the bump from the wings and tried to make it more rubbery, like thick skin.

~nspiratn
# 25 04-05-2003 , 01:33 PM
WOW!

# 26 04-05-2003 , 08:16 PM
Update.

I'm going to start animating this guy after this point.

thanks for all the tips everyone. Totally appreciate it.

~nspiratn.

~nspiratn
# 27 04-05-2003 , 08:18 PM
and another.

~nspiratn
# 28 04-05-2003 , 08:20 PM
Subscriber
Don't eat me!Please, I swear I didn't do anything! user added imageuser added imageuser added image

It actually looks very nice! I like teh legs!
Keep up!

# 29 04-05-2003 , 11:42 PM
Subscriber
Great job for you're first texture! If i were you i would do a few more things before starting to animate.

One is that i think he'd look alot meaner with some more spikes or even ridges on his back. Although you might have been going for the "younger look".

Second i'd spend a little more time on the texture. It appears there is some stretching on the face, make sure you have alot of surface area for this part of the texture. Otherwise the closeups will just be dissapointing. Another thing on texture, and i don't know if this will help, but it seems that you're texture just doesn't seem to follow the model at all. Not that it looks bad, more that if you textured, for example, the belly with larger/smaller scales, different colors, things like that. Maybe his feet have pads??

The 3rd thing is he might look real mean with a tounge and some horns on that head of his.

If you'd like some inpiration, Download the SM dragon(found in the Tshirt comp thread). Hope this stuff helps.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2