Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 29-06-2003 , 04:39 PM
Sorry M, But the tubes did not look right when i extruded them. It didnt seem to fit. I like the toyish look anyways. I just figured out how to play with caustics, so I figured that i would put them in for effect. It is very easy to do caustics, and I am surprised there are not many tuts on them. Well here it is anyway.

Attached Thumbnails

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 32 29-06-2003 , 04:41 PM
Ok, Just kidding about that last one. Here is the real final render.

FINAL RENDER

Attached Thumbnails

# 33 29-06-2003 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
:O, I really like how you did this final render! Dont worry about the extrudes, if they didnt work then thats too bad. Good job and i love the water effects! I have no idea how to do that. You should of added some bubbles behind the jets user added image. Very cool though.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 34 30-06-2003 , 12:31 AM
Thanks M, I have never had anyone ask me how i did something. It is very easy actually. I will make a tut on it i think. but what it is is an ocean texture and some environment fog.

# 35 30-06-2003 , 04:19 AM
Subscriber
Heh, wow.. it really looks like it has water above it giving raytracing and shadows down to the bottom of the ocean. Great job! If you do make a tutorial on it one of these days.. send me the link through PM user added image. I am not familiar with enviroment fog.. i truly need to read "maya fundamentals" just to fill in the gaps user added image. SM will do the trick.. just i feel like a dummy askin questions at times.. heheh. By the way, I hope to see you join one of the future challenges! Would be cool to see what you come up with

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 36 30-06-2003 , 05:12 PM
Yea, I think i will join all of them that i can. I will write a tut on that effect, as it is not very hard to do, and the results are great.

# 37 30-06-2003 , 05:25 PM
Ok, I tried bubbles but i am very dissapointed in the few that i did so its a no go for me.