Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 241 27-04-2003 , 03:52 PM
Wow!! Looking very good! I'll have to figure out this UV mapping thing someday. Keep at it Pony, can't wait to see the final.

"It's supposed to be hard, if it was easy, everyone would do it."
# 242 27-04-2003 , 04:48 PM
Subscriber
Hehe, yeah oscar is cool, but most people go nuts over the 1foot madagascar red snakehead, also posted there. He has 3 rows of teeth, can breathe air and water, and is a nasty little sucker. He can grow up to 3 feet in the wild, but we expect he won't get much bigger than 2.

Glad to see you're making progress! This is really gonna be AWESOME!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 243 28-04-2003 , 01:18 AM
WOW!!!!!!! That is great!!! I am loving seeing this thing go! I REALLY need to learn the whole UV thing so I may pick your brain later mate! user added image Looks good talk to ya later!
Are you still having problems with RAM?...

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 244 28-04-2003 , 02:27 AM
Subscriber
Yeah still probs with ram. becouse I had to repace motherboard I didn't have money for more ram. so I will be up aginst that pritty soon..

# 245 28-04-2003 , 02:28 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Vector. I hope to make it awesome. thanks for telling your frinds..

Thanks Snich !

# 246 28-04-2003 , 12:50 PM
Subscriber

ok..

well at long last after much work..

He is fully UV maped. there are 11 maps.
2 at 1024q pix.
8 at 2048q pix
1 at 4096q pix

my computer dosn't like it when it first loads, and after the second smoth.. but other than that its fine and I can even play with it..

Thease textures are just for me to start getting some kind of idea of what I want to evenutaly be there..
The UV maps still need some tweeking..

it will be a lot better than this ! I promis.

# 247 28-04-2003 , 01:07 PM
WOW!!!!! Unbelievable mate. :wow:

# 248 28-04-2003 , 03:11 PM
Hey, on the screenshots on the page before this one, how do you get it to look like that. I am a newbie, in case you dont lknow

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 249 28-04-2003 , 03:24 PM
Subscriber
Well I'm not sure what you meen exactly but.. The real soft wight renders are done with a script called GI_Joe. - Global Ilumination. last page from this one I started textureing it.. the pics with the flattened out wire mesh are the UV maps .. so it knows how to place the textures..

but I think you meen how did I get part of him to disopear ? that I did buy selecting all his poly faces. Telling maya to show me only thoughs. Show > Isolate select > View Selected. and thin I hide the faces that I just UV maped as I go.. Show > Isolate Select > Remove selected objects. So I know what arias I still need to map.

Did I cover the one you were asking about ??

# 250 28-04-2003 , 03:31 PM
Yes, thanks, Ill try to remember that. Also, how did you learn Maya. Did you take a course or what?

# 251 28-04-2003 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber
Pony - nice unwrap.

Did you do all the projections yourself or did you use dannys script... By yourself...?? It must have taken you HOURS of work..?

But I like what I see - keep it up.

Kühl
# 252 28-04-2003 , 09:08 PM
Subscriber
still can't wait!!!!!!! Looking great man, which one got the 4 megapix?

DRKnow, Pony does have a huge Backround in all sorts of art, and this is only his second real model. I'm interested too pony, did you just learn from tuts and these boards??? You're SOOO good. I'm so glad that you have found our collective love.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 253 28-04-2003 , 09:12 PM
Wow, I am in Awe. I have had maya 2 weeks and I can barely make a modified cube. digital-tutors.com is helping me a lot, but quicktime is so slow. I also ordered a cd from 3d-buzz.com, but I dont expect it in anytime soon. Anybody know of a great way to learn maya for free?

# 254 28-04-2003 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
There are lots of free tutorial sites, i'd be happy to give you a bunch of links, also Simplymaya has some free tuts.

# 255 28-04-2003 , 09:51 PM
yes, I have downloaded most of their free ones, and I am working on digital-tutorials.com, but any more great sites would be nice.