Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 91 25-04-2006 , 12:35 PM
Subscriber
he is in a flexed stance i have to point out.there are a lot of muscle tension on him now.
this is obvious from head down. the head expression really hints that.

maybe ill relax that rib cage a little.

# 92 25-04-2006 , 03:58 PM
Subscriber
Very nice vlad, I still think the calves are a little too high and could use a little more definition relative to how defined your character is on the upper torso.

The hands/fingers should be a bit more relaxed, not sure what you are trying to do with him but its almost as he is being electrocuted.

This is awsome work ...I will be looking at your loops on the body closely user added image I would like to do a full body some day

user added image

# 93 25-04-2006 , 04:59 PM
Subscriber
thanx for the crit. but i think the calfs are fine. the finger are relaxed a bit more as i write this.

but for this guy i gathered up as much ref as i could and built him peice by peice. for the legs especially i followed a lot of francisco cortina's model, as well as his body postures. also his modeling techniques [using n-gons as needed].
so im moving on to the clothes now.
thanx again.
here is francisco's site, he worked on animatrix film and FF spirit within
https://www.cortinadigital.com/

edit: ill cloth him like punisher:
user added image

Last edited by vladimirjp; 25-04-2006 at 08:26 PM.
# 94 25-04-2006 , 08:55 PM
really nice work however i think there is something weird about his arms.maybe they are a little too short and not big enough.

p.s. sorry if its been said before.

# 95 25-04-2006 , 11:56 PM
Subscriber
i dont think so man.
user added image
user added image

Last edited by vladimirjp; 27-04-2006 at 06:17 AM.
# 96 26-04-2006 , 07:29 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
McFleury

No the arms are fine, try and judge where the fingers will touch on the thighs. They are in the right position for sure. Dont forget everyone is built a little different, but generically we are the same overall.

Looks fine Vlad, NP, it gets a little frustrating when things are pointed out as being a little 'out' but theres alot misunderstanding over anatomy here sometimes I feel, my thread in particular has had some strange comments, some of which I deleted because they were just arse!!

On the subject of anatomy, there's a good 'Body Topology' thread over at cgtalk started by Stahlberg, its a little heavy and veeeery long but worth a look https://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...2&goto=newpost

Cheers
for now

Jay

# 97 26-04-2006 , 08:05 AM
Subscriber
Hey what are N-gons? Some kind of 5 sided poly?

And hey Jay, didn't you have some kind of cloth tutorial on your website at one point? I don't see it no more. The whole site looks different now. : /

# 98 26-04-2006 , 09:46 AM
Anhslaught

Hey howz it going? Yeah I did a while ago but as I've started doing the tutes for here now, theres no point, plus also it detracted from my site anyway and I'm usually around here advising dudes and dudettes how to do stuff. But check out the GI modelling dvd if you want to see my stuff going on for a whole character from head to foot.

Jayuser added image

# 99 26-04-2006 , 10:39 AM
Subscriber
nailed it mate... now there can be no turning back ...

jesus you guys.., i melt in awe.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 100 26-04-2006 , 01:40 PM

.., i melt in awe

Go somewhere cooler then

hehehe

Jay

# 101 26-04-2006 , 02:56 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay

Looks fine Vlad, NP, it gets a little frustrating when things are pointed out as being a little 'out' but theres alot misunderstanding over anatomy here sometimes I feel, my thread in particular has had some strange comments, some of which I deleted because they were just arse!!

Jay

yea i do hate those vague and ambiguous replies...

not helpful in anyways. but no matter,

on in that last page on the cgtalk thread stahlberg talks about n-gons and ZB, this is one of the reasons i went so detailed with this character, because i knew this modeling method would be problematic with zbrush; as it does not like n-gons.
i beleive it turns them into tris automatically; and that messes things up quite a bit.
but one work around, like stalhberg says is to smooth once. because maya [and every other package that uses catmul clark subdiv] will automatically convert n-gons to quads and tris to quads. [to the best of its ability] but for the most part all ngons get converted to quad as well as tris. i think up to 6 sided ngon is fine.
user added image

# 102 26-04-2006 , 11:06 PM
Subscriber
winter's already hitting Australia, i''m already freezing here at the moment and anyway, I was just acknowledging the 'thanks for the chest's it amazes me the effort people put into maya and stuff like this.., and I am in awe of any art done well. and the only other warm spot other than this thread here is my coffee pot and that IS wear I'm goin...

the talk is getting a bit scientific for me to understand now..., Tris and quads I don't know whether your guys are talking about Maya or muscles???

your a hard man jayuser added image the pen is mightier than the sword.., take care mate
user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 103 26-04-2006 , 11:10 PM
hey, sorry to give you suggestions.damn...

# 104 26-04-2006 , 11:12 PM
hehehe Just having a laugh...enjoy your coffee Im off to bed its midnite, up at 5 for work...

Cheers for now

Jay

# 105 27-04-2006 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay
hehehe Just having a laugh...enjoy your coffee Im off to bed its midnite, up at 5 for work...

Cheers for now

Jay

5 am for work?
i havent seen 5 am in a long long time; forgot what it looks like :p

mc fleury, take it easy. keep things on the lighter side plz.

started on clothes
user added image

Last edited by vladimirjp; 27-04-2006 at 06:17 AM.