Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-04-2005 , 03:56 PM
Subscriber

NEED HELP DAVE!

hello all, i know, long time no see, anyway, i have been off of maya for a long time now (will be back in 5 months, once i am done with this project i am doing)

i need some help with this website i am making, i thought i could as dave (finally, daves got a purpose user added image user added image)
i was working on a site for my aunt, dave, (i have it up on a free host for BETA test : https://www.tariq.trap17.com/fsgr/ )

the prob is that i want to get the data off and onto a mySQL database and retreive it, the problem is, the data is multiline, the result in the database when i retreive is that the all the multiline data is crumped into one straight string....

how can i do this??

Pls help,
Long lost member,
Tariq

# 2 21-04-2005 , 09:24 PM
SM Tea Boy
you need to replace \n (new line) with <BR>

in perl it would be
$data =~ s/\n/\<br\>/

As I don't know what language your using to retrieve your data I can't give a specific example

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 22-04-2005 , 07:20 AM
Subscriber
dave, dude, i am using flash for the submission thing, thats the prob, i am using PHP, so, all i am doing is a submit.php file with an INSERT function, a dynmic text field in flash -> mySQL database

pls, i am desperate for this,
T.

# 4 22-04-2005 , 10:08 AM
SM Tea Boy
in php it's

echo nl2br("this is what you have stored\nlalalalal");

will output

this is what you have stored<BR>lalalalal

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 22-04-2005 , 01:15 PM
Subscriber
i get you dude, i know how to do it like that,,

my case is diff,,
(in did this flash), this is typically a cart (which shows one line each like:

1 x flosbury
1 x mangrene
3 x goosebumps

etc,,

but in mySQL its:
1 x flosbrury1 x mangrene3xgoosebumps,,

so the problem is in the cart, i cant show like

1 x flosbury\n
1 x mangrene\n....

so there should be method like newline or something right??

dude,, sorry if am troubling y'
Tariq

this is