Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-10-2009 , 05:47 PM

image planes tutorial

Hello, i started making image planes for my project and i struck into a barrier. my images planes came out not as good as i wanted them to come out, so my question is, is there any "how to make image planes" tutorial kits out there? :3

thanks <3

# 2 22-10-2009 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber
You mean like your reference images? You were trying to put refrence images in the scene and it didn't work out for you? How so?

# 3 22-10-2009 , 06:11 PM
no, i drew my own image planes, but they didint align well.. so im asking if there any image planes drawing tutorial. that worth watching, etc.. :3

# 4 22-10-2009 , 06:16 PM
Subscriber
Did you draw them in Photoshop, or by hand. I dont know of any but I might be able explain it for you.

# 5 22-10-2009 , 06:29 PM
i used illustrator

# 6 22-10-2009 , 06:37 PM
Subscriber
Oh ok i've never used illistrator. But all I can say is you need to bust out that ruler and make sure everything is perfectly constant. Test it with a box, then with a box with a stick coming out just to see if your doing it right. Then go to your main object that your trying to model. You see i've done this once before but I drew it by hand making sure everything matched up. It did once I scaned it in and whatnot. Im sorry that I couldn't realy help, and that I don't know of any tutorials.

# 7 26-10-2009 , 09:45 PM
Simply Maya OG
What Ive done before, and still do, is if a reference image is off, I insert a edge into the plane, and move the edge along the plane until it lines up. Make sure you add in reference point-lines in photoshop before, so all you'll have to do it line up the lines and it should be set.

- Hybrid
# 8 26-10-2009 , 09:54 PM
ok, ill do, thank u <3