Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 181 17-06-2003 , 04:16 AM
O_O

# 182 17-06-2003 , 05:36 AM
Subscriber
Jees! Witchy = heavy armour export! Perfect for all of our extreme ly armoured vehicles!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 183 17-06-2003 , 12:21 PM
try to play with BSP tree - default is no good for test renders nor finals. set BSP size smaller (say 15 or less) BSP Depth bigger (like 124 or more) and task size (yes thats size of boxes when rendering) pretty big (say 128 or more)..hope it will help a little ( cons> this setting is fast but pretty memory agressive and unpredictable when memory use)

:g) Charles
freemind.cz
# 184 17-06-2003 , 01:09 PM
Subscriber
I wish the Hummer looked like this.

# 185 17-06-2003 , 01:31 PM
Witchy, thanks alot for your tips! Did you by any chance find any pics on it??? I would really like to fix the treads, if you come up with anything let me know. thanks alot for your ideas! I really appreciate your time spent on explaing this. \

freemind.cz, thanks for the tip, I will try and mess with the settings next time I render this with Mr.
And thanks to everyone else as well for all of the replies... What to work on next, so much I still need to to un such a small amount of time!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 186 17-06-2003 , 03:41 PM
Well, not that I have the rough sketch done user added image I am going to go back in and do the final conversion to Sub D's. and add more detail, and ad the correct bolts (the other bolts were temporary lowpoly place holders I guess you could say. THanks!
Brian

BTW This is the hood

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 187 17-06-2003 , 03:48 PM
excelent ! only my opinion is that bolts are too much big for me user added image

freemind.cz
# 188 17-06-2003 , 03:56 PM
"To much big?"
Does that mean, that they are just to much for the model, or that they are physically to big, or there are just to many? so many questions user added image please let me know, THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 189 17-06-2003 , 03:58 PM
I think too much, as in there's too many. But that's my opinion

Last edited by Cyborg Corp; 17-06-2003 at 04:00 PM.
# 190 17-06-2003 , 04:09 PM
After taking a good look at it I definetly agree. I went over board... lol Thanks for pointing out the obvious, sometimes I don't pay as much attention to things like that when i am working crazy. THanks! I will post an update in a few.
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 191 17-06-2003 , 04:21 PM
Subscriber
I can't find a picture of track extensions, which is annoying me; I'll keep looking. On reflection they might look a bit odd though as the tracks are triangular overall rather than oval.

As it is you could go with extending the skirts/wheel arches but that might throw the model out, or giving the tracks another part/ more width. It wouldn't work balance wise on snow to put them futher under the vehicle without changing them, so I discount that really.

You might see how a treble track with the mechanism in the centre looks, or you might leave it as it looks rather nice already and I am just being nerdy 8). Sorry I am not being more helpful!

# 192 17-06-2003 , 04:34 PM
sorry , wanted to describe 2 probs in one sentence and forgot about words user added image actually they should be smaller a bit and less of them.

freemind.cz
# 193 17-06-2003 , 06:08 PM
Looking awesome...quick question - is the rack one piece or intersecting cylinders?

# 194 17-06-2003 , 06:28 PM
Thanks guys. Witchy.... Thanks for all of your comments. they are very very helpfull. That would be really cool if you could find me a pic, but if you can't then thats cool. Karen, all of the pieces are intersecting Nurbs Cylinders, you could probably easily make it all intersecting though... Um here is an update/detail of were the doors come together... Gotta love how you can give subd's a
'soft/hard edge' Thanks for all of your helpfull comments... I agree that some of the bolts are to big, but I think some are ok, so I will just use differnt sizes, as scene in the image. You all have very good suggestions!! Keep'em commin!
Brian

"this has been edited with a new pic"

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 17-06-2003 at 08:07 PM.
# 195 17-06-2003 , 08:08 PM
I updated the last post with this new image. well... STill needs alot of work, but its getting there (I think) I modified the lights, and I added mounts and stuff for them. I made them out of Nurbs. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!