Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 15-11-2006 , 09:28 AM
check my other threads, i have loads of answers about my renders, as you are right, everyone asks the same thing user added image more progress coming soon

May the force be with you

MSN: markjborg@hotmail.com

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 17 15-11-2006 , 03:57 PM
just finished the wheels (no details yet like suspensions, brakes ect...) the interior flooring and the back lamps ect

Attached Thumbnails

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 18 15-11-2006 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber
hey

looks good
i can only comment on two things but they r personal preferences
it looks a litle short but if this is ur design it wil look good in the end
an the front is a little boxy for me

but only minor presonal presfs so u dont need to take ne notice just some thoughs

keep it goin

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 19 16-11-2006 , 12:12 PM
I'll scan my concepts and show you my designs. I just begun the back part and interior

Attached Thumbnails

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 20 16-11-2006 , 12:27 PM
i know you said you're just starting the interior, but where do you sit?

Accept no substitutions.
# 21 16-11-2006 , 09:34 PM
here you go mate, interior in progress, give me some time user added image to place the seats user added image

Attached Thumbnails

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 22 16-11-2006 , 09:52 PM
That is looking great so far! It has a strange look to it, both familiar, and exotic. It is kind of like a cross between something realistic, and something fantasy. Reminds a lot of vehicles designed by Akira Toriyama. Can't wait to see the finished version.

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 23 17-11-2006 , 03:05 AM
I was showing your renders to some friends, and 1 question seemed to pop up quite a bit: What method did you use to get such high quality renders. Having no idea myself, can you explain, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks!

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 24 17-11-2006 , 04:23 AM
did you use the gi joe lights for your render? cause it looks like it. and man slow down thats some crazy progress.user added image

# 25 17-11-2006 , 07:54 AM
last time i;'m saying this, sry guys but everyday i get the same question...One day I'll make a tutorial for you all about my light settings. I before i used to use GI Joe but now i learned how to make them my self user added image tonight I'll upodate my model user added image. hope this helped. next month i'll release a tutorial on how to make them user added image.

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 26 17-11-2006 , 08:42 AM
Looks good so far, the only thing that I could crit is that the proportions look a bit out to me (seems a bit short, and too chunkey), but if its your own design then, hey its up to you.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 27 17-11-2006 , 01:59 PM
Ok, cool. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that tutorial, because your renders are gorgeous.

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 28 17-11-2006 , 04:22 PM
Thx mate, yeah soon I'll start making tutorials for ppl user added image, in the mean while here is the progress of my little jeepy user added image as you see the deisgn short and cartoonish. But i modified it abit in size but the rest is acording to the concept design i drew as you can see user added image...My teacher said "thats your maths notebook!!! Its not for sketching" user added image but who cares, as long i got a concept in my mind i would like to draw it to remember all the details user added image

edit: The two tires and some little stuff were added during the modelling process and i still need to add some little details but nearly ready...If you got any suggestions on what i can add as accessories i would love to hear them, I'm tying to make this one as much details as possible user added image

edit: I know the drawing is crappy...

Attached Thumbnails

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg

Last edited by Masteryoda; 17-11-2006 at 06:08 PM.
# 29 17-11-2006 , 04:32 PM
Well, I'd tell your Teacher that 3D modeling and rendering kinda involves math user added image

As far as suggestions go, the only thing I see that could a bit more detail is the dashboard. Other than that, you could add some cosmetic touches, just for fun. Like, a flag or something like that hanging from an antenna. You've packed so much detail into it,I really can't think of anything else.

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 30 17-11-2006 , 06:06 PM
yeah i'm working on the dash board, i'm making the key hole, flick switches and stuff like that user added image and i have to make the mud guards for the back wheels. yeah an arial at the back user added image...

you think 2 bars at the back are ok? to keep the canvas on the passengers if it rains... I'll make them and tell me if they are suitable or not user added image

thx

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg