Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 106 20-04-2007 , 04:12 AM
Hi acid44, good to have you. Send njon a PM to see if there's anything else he wants to add to the scene that you can model. I just modeled the pieces of wood leaning up against the wall and the vent and have already started on a window. You could try modeling the niquil bottle and remote (I'm guessing that's what they are) that are on the table. njon may have some other items he wants to add to the scene so he may give you some ideas.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 107 20-04-2007 , 05:53 AM
Hey njon, saw you logged on a minute ago so I figured I go ahead and post a render of the boards and the vent. Still working on the window.

Attached Images

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 108 20-04-2007 , 07:10 AM
Subscriber
Pfto,
Looks neat!

You have no ref for the window, u may have to take a ref and make a window, in a way that it can be moved wherever we need to.
Would u use a boolean in the wall?
I leave it up to you, what tool n which way.

WIndow can be simple....but not really a sliding one.

# 109 20-04-2007 , 08:42 AM
Whoops,
I already modeled a window...sliding. I don't think I've ever seen a house that didn't have a sliding window. Let me know, the window was really easy to do so modifying it or creating a new one is no problem. The one I modeled here, I just used my imagination.

As far as cutting holes in the wall for the windows and the door, I'll more than likely use the cut face tool and the append polygon tool.

I watched Star Wars III tonight and now that I'm doing 3d, all I could do was think about how well they did the 3d work in the movie (hehe). Funny how things can make us look at the world differently.

Talk again tomorrow night.

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 20-04-2007 at 08:52 AM.
# 110 20-04-2007 , 08:46 AM
closeup

Not sure I'll be able to log back on until tomorrow evening so may be awhile before I can check back in.

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!
# 111 20-04-2007 , 08:59 AM
Subscriber
Great work again!
I meant sliding glasses horizontal, but forget that now.

Ur window is correct ...will let u know it needs to be resized.

Ure so right about starwars...
They arent ILM for nothing!
Imagine their workflow pipeline, proprietray software and range of talent! ANd yet so many ex ILM people have set up shops now, still its way up there!

# 112 24-04-2007 , 05:01 PM
Awesome work on all the furniture and the window, Perfecto user added image

Aaaah....pretty lights...*pets screen*...

And anyone else should feel free to take up some part in the project; my homework has taken a turn for the worse, so I need to give it a lot more attention than I have been.

All that cloth is murder on the scene, so feel free to "ship" the file around without it, and import it in when everything else is done.

# 113 24-04-2007 , 06:58 PM
Subscriber
Sever, Thanks for all you've done so far!
I can understand...I too am trying to fit in everything,...not easy!

Thanks again Sever!

Cheers!

# 114 24-04-2007 , 07:02 PM
Subscriber
Texturing is an area that is open , in case someone wants to be a part of this!

Scene requires decent simplistic textures;
wood, fabric pattern, floor etc.

# 115 25-04-2007 , 10:41 PM
I've been trying to figure out texturing but it's a lot harder than I had expected. Making progress though. Anyway I started to do a little more modeling again. Here's a set of keys. I'll model a light fixure next.

acid44: Are you modeling the remote and the medicine bottle?

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!
# 116 25-04-2007 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber
Key chain, thats so neat and thoughtful!

user added image

# 117 25-04-2007 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
Sever,
sorry...I didnt really get this, from yr earlier message.

"Aaaah....pretty lights...*pets screen*..."

# 118 25-04-2007 , 11:41 PM
Here's a simple light fixture, nothing fancy. I'll search the web tomorrow to see what one really looks like. All I can see in the reference image is the bulb.

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!
# 119 26-04-2007 , 12:54 AM
In order to avoid more cloth (curtains), I decided to model some window blinds.

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!
# 120 26-04-2007 , 01:09 AM
I figured since I posted the window blinds open, here they are closed.

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!