Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 09-04-2009 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
I am not familiar at all with these spaceships. Is it possible to make my own spaceship?

# 17 09-04-2009 , 08:53 PM
hey sokol - check the rules - mike says you can make your own. user added image

# 18 09-04-2009 , 09:09 PM
EduSciVis-er

(posted by sokol) I am not familiar at all with these spaceships.

I think these races are made up (except earthlings user added image )and open to interpretation, at least that's how I read the rules, so you can do whatever you think fits with the description. But, yes, you could also do something completely different.

# 19 09-04-2009 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
Thank You. I want to join but I am not so sure at this point. I have few other projects on my way. I hope I make some time for this challenge. Is interesting

# 20 10-04-2009 , 12:37 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley
sorry, not familiar with V

don't worry, mckinley-points have no value. user added image

no value :angery: I just bought a Yacht how am I supposed to pay for it without my McKinley points? haha

I will admit I cheated, I typed it in google and the entire first page was filled with Conquest 2 pages so I posted that as an answer. Woohoo google when you need an answer.

# 21 10-04-2009 , 01:35 AM
Subscriber
Good evening! I have been really wanting to join in on this and have decided to join. I may not be up to the originality of Dango so far, or the speed of modeling of tweetytunes. They are doing a very good job. I have some things I would like to work with, such as Nurbs and maybe some type of animation. I will try and post a start to my project tomorrow. But I have done cars for so long, hope I don't embarrass myself. Thanks for the chance, as I don't do soft body modeling and this is one I may be able to at least make an attempt at.

Cheers!!

P.S. I did not understand fully the last challenge or may have gotten in on it.

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 22 10-04-2009 , 03:33 AM
Subscriber
it's tough trying to think of something and shaping it into the descriptions... :p

i have a picture of a baby turtle and i was like 'i can use that as a space ship!' thinking of the reptile thing...

...but i'm not going to do that... :p

i'm coming up with stuff but its hard to decide which of those categories the ship would fit into...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 23 10-04-2009 , 05:31 AM
The Maya Mountain
the races are completely made up and can be pretty much anything.

# 24 10-04-2009 , 06:32 PM
Of we have enough time, can we make a fleet of spaceships? Maybe like, a mothership with some drones or fighters or something?

And does the spaceship HAVE to be textured? Would a really nice clay render suffice?

# 25 10-04-2009 , 07:15 PM
The Maya Mountain
if you have time, sure, make all the ships you want.

They need to be textured though to be a valid entry.

# 26 10-04-2009 , 07:15 PM
Subscriber
Dont have to be textured - huh I wish - mine going to be a bugger - this time more time on the uv`s which is what got on the last one.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 10-04-2009 at 07:19 PM.
# 27 10-04-2009 , 07:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
I think I'm going to texture my ship mostly a nice grey lambert... (just kidding)

# 28 12-04-2009 , 03:48 PM
This sounds like a fun challenge, count me in.

www.CrisJames.net
# 29 12-04-2009 , 08:37 PM
Subscriber
Is it true David is putting up 100 points for this one now - if so that`s great news.

Have to work harder now
(hold on a min Im flat out as it is - oh well)

# 30 12-04-2009 , 10:15 PM
Subscriber
after the challenge we should also do a little animation challenge or something so we can see all the details of these monsters that are coming out

or more so, i just want to try show off my ship's capabilities user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D