Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 376 27-11-2011 , 11:38 PM
19 year Veteran

THX: Would be great to see some of your airbrush stuff, if it's anything like your pencil work it'll be a sight to behold I'm sure!

Cheers Dango, I will see what I can do.

# 377 28-11-2011 , 11:58 AM
Chirone: I was browsing google images for something to draw and came across the baby turtle in question so you probably saw the same pic.

Jay: Lol, cheers mate, I was thinking of doing something scaly in Zbrush soon, so maybe this little fella will be the one!

Silver: I just go for whatever Im in the mood to draw, at the moment its scaly things, or things with lots of cracks/broken surfaces, as they are interesting to look at and fun to shade. Liking that last picture, it is very dream like, tranquil.

THX: Nice one, I'll look forward to it!

# 378 28-11-2011 , 12:22 PM
Noober than noob

Chirone: I was browsing google images for something to draw and came across the baby turtle in question so you probably saw the same pic.

Jay: Lol, cheers mate, I was thinking of doing something scaly in Zbrush soon, so maybe this little fella will be the one!

Silver: I just go for whatever Im in the mood to draw, at the moment its scaly things, or things with lots of cracks/broken surfaces, as they are interesting to look at and fun to shade. Liking that last picture, it is very dream like, tranquil.

THX: Nice one, I'll look forward to it!

I mostly used to sketch cars (with excess of vinyls usually) and stuff from dreams. But I never was good at shading, I prefer to do sketches and then put them on 3D but color them just to get an idea of what it should look like after texturing.
I might get back to sketching cars though since I'll have to model a few for that movie my friends and I are working on. The hard part will be to create stuff that doesn't exist in real life so I'll at most be able to use real-world cars as a general idea of car parts.

Last edited by SilverFeather; 28-11-2011 at 12:24 PM.
# 379 28-11-2011 , 02:53 PM
Finished shading Toby (my girlfriend named him...) this morning, am going to take a break from random sketches for today and try to get some writing and concept work done for my graphic novel, more random practice sketching to follow soon...

Attached Thumbnails
# 380 28-11-2011 , 04:15 PM
Noober than noob

Finished shading Toby (my girlfriend named him...) this morning, am going to take a break from random sketches for today and try to get some writing and concept work done for my graphic novel, more random practice sketching to follow soon...

The shell looks great now. Looks almost like my pet turtle's shell X)) though she doesn't have flippers but webbed feet.

# 381 29-11-2011 , 10:45 PM
Cheers Silver,
I do like doing that kind of texture, shells, rocks, etc.

Here's todays efforts, the start of an abandoned cabin, will probably finish it tomorrow now as it's getting a little late.

Attached Thumbnails
# 382 29-11-2011 , 11:06 PM
Noober than noob

Cheers Silver,
I do like doing that kind of texture, shells, rocks, etc.

Here's todays efforts, the start of an abandoned cabin, will probably finish it tomorrow now as it's getting a little late.

Awesome O.o
What did you draw it on/in? Paper or computer? And if on computer, with pen or mouse?

# 383 30-11-2011 , 10:18 AM
Thanks Silver, it's just pencil and paper. But when I do any drawing or colouring on computer I do use a pen and tablet too.
Trying to get the cabin scene finished today but I have a jam packed day, if I dont manage to I'll probably finish it in the wee small hours of tonight....lol

# 384 30-11-2011 , 11:25 AM
Noober than noob

Thanks Silver, it's just pencil and paper. But when I do any drawing or colouring on computer I do use a pen and tablet too.
Trying to get the cabin scene finished today but I have a jam packed day, if I dont manage to I'll probably finish it in the wee small hours of tonight....lol

That's some cool pencil. Mine just makes the paper look too shiny. I don't even have a scanner so I have to rely on a phone to import -_- In which case I must draw with a black pen over it if I want to use the flash. Else it doubles the work in Corel to find edges.
Maybe I should get a pen and tablet and just draw on the pc directly.

# 385 31-12-2011 , 01:33 AM
Noober than noob
Something I'm currently working on. Looks crappy at the moment. An alien shark species (Zrigan) from the story I am currently writing on my deviant art.
Got to figure out how to do the lighting/shading paint so that it looks nearly realistic.
What makes it even harder to color it is that it has to be totally different than a real shark's skin color, a yellowish-brown is what I'm trying to get.

Attached Images
# 386 31-12-2011 , 02:09 AM
Lifetime Member

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 387 31-12-2011 , 02:14 AM
Noober than noob

here are some images for you mate....in general the real deal is an off white colour underneath....anyway some images for you to get an idea of the colour scheme

cheers bullet

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=br...w=1440&bih=739

Thanks, but I am not trying to make it look like a real shark's colour. I'm trying to make them as I've described the aliens: with a yellowish-brown skin. Something more reptile-like. Also, need to make the eyes have a cold stare, maybe with some lighting on them.
Closest match I can find, but it doesn't have a yellow abdomen: https://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=le...:429,r:2,s:213

# 388 01-01-2012 , 10:40 PM
Noober than noob
Current progress... I don't know what else to do to it.

Only changed contrast now. Looks a bit better.
For some odd reason, uploading PNGs here loses color and gets reduced to something like 256 colors. O_o

Rather use printscreen to show true color.

EDIT: My pc was on 16-bit color for some odd reason.

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images

Last edited by SilverFeather; 01-01-2012 at 11:47 PM.
# 389 02-01-2012 , 12:17 AM
19 year Veteran
Looks great SilverFeather! Stay with it and your 2D stuff will get better and better!.

# 390 02-01-2012 , 12:19 AM
Noober than noob

Looks great SilverFeather! Stay with it and your 2D stuff will get better and better!.

Well, I still like 3D more, but it seems I will need to improve on 2D when I might reach the texturing part. I've heard that there's a way to export the shapes so that they can be painted in a program outside Maya.