Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-12-2002 , 11:47 AM
Subscriber

Best Operating System

Hi there! What's your favorite OS?
What do you say about WinXP?

Ioannis KarAvas

Last edited by AbsolutelyWhite; 20-12-2002 at 03:05 PM.
# 2 20-12-2002 , 11:59 AM
Kevin

Re: Best Operating System

Originally posted by AbsolutelyWhite
I have windows xp pro but i don't have the crack!?
can anyone help?i've only 20 days left! :-)
user added image

really AbsolutelyWhite! you really should know better then to ask for that here. I had to ban a member last week for this kind of comment.

This board could be shut down if we let such comments go.

You are on final warning.

# 3 20-12-2002 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
Oops sorry...but truth now..i OWN WinXP legally, formatted my Hd recently and i can't make them to work right!
I've also tried Linux BUT modem doesn't work!

P.S I am not taking back what i said...just covering our backs! user added image

Ioannis KarAvas

Last edited by AbsolutelyWhite; 20-12-2002 at 03:06 PM.
# 4 20-12-2002 , 01:09 PM
Subscriber
i love Win xp pro.... but gotta admit the stability of 2kpro.....
the choice is yours stability or customizabiltiy?

# 5 20-12-2002 , 01:45 PM
Kevin
hey no problem there !

We just have to cover our backs.

Any how.... I use xp although over time it really has some anoying features... I do think it more stable then 2k but others say different.

But if you like XP, do what I have done ...and disabled all its "fancy features" especially that really bad ZIP function and "cd burning option" user added image

# 6 20-12-2002 , 01:48 PM
Subscriber
LOL!!! i agree to the annoying features... but the good stuff cover them.....

# 7 20-12-2002 , 01:54 PM
If there'd be enough good apps for Linux I would choose it. Going with w2k now...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 8 20-12-2002 , 02:46 PM
Subscriber
i did try linux once... but similarly, no good softwares(i mean as good as windows) is available for it.... and i only had the maya for windows CD... user added image

# 9 20-12-2002 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber
Well a cool feature of Xp is multiple users*..and maybe the enviroment..

*My brother and my friend can't touch my work in Maya..

Ioannis KarAvas
# 10 22-12-2002 , 11:47 PM

If there'd be enough good apps for Linux I would choose it. Going with w2k now...

i did try linux once... but similarly, no good softwares(i mean as good as windows) is available for it.... and i only had the maya for windows CD...

XP may have multiuser but Linux/Unix is true multitasking and true multiuser....trust me check it out

It may not be GUI but man is it powerful....I run both Linux and XP Pro.....and I have not found something that there wasn't a tool for in Linux. And hey what can be better than the ability to make your own tools and programs for Linux :banana: user added image user added image

# 11 23-12-2002 , 12:04 AM
Hello new to the site, just made my name.

I've used the XP operating sys, and I like the its interface, icons for the different users, and its customability.

2K is what I use at home and it's stability and security are it's only standouts.

And then theres OSX, also here at home. I love this operating sys. I just came back from the Apple Store with my g/f, we bought her brother some speakers and amp for the Mac, and i just fell in love with that PowerBook G4. Want one really bad! poor student though.

-adrian

# 12 23-12-2002 , 03:29 PM

Originally posted by Saiyan
XP may have multiuser but Linux/Unix is true multitasking and true multiuser....trust me check it out

It may not be GUI but man is it powerful....I run both Linux and XP Pro.....and I have not found something that there wasn't a tool for in Linux. And hey what can be better than the ability to make your own tools and programs for Linux :banana: user added image user added image

Yes, I agree. Linux is powerful. I've used it quite a bit (debian). But somehow I found myself booting to windows quite often. Some times it was because there wasn't a driver to some piece of hw I had. Some times it was some app I missed. Anyway, I've become so lazy nowadays that I don't want to spend my time on tweaking system settings, installing drivers, compiling whatever, reading tons of docs just to get something simple to work etc etc. You get my point? I want to use my system as a tool. I don't want my system to be the hobby user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 13 23-12-2002 , 03:30 PM
And no... no Macs for me, please user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 14 24-12-2002 , 01:36 AM
I agree Kbrown Linux does have a learning curve but once you are good enough.....there is nothing stoppin ya....there hasn't been anything yet that I couldn't run.....I started with Mandrake, then to debian, then to progeny debian(very cool), tried StormLinux....lol....and now I am running RedHat8.0...all in all it has been a great learning experience for me.

Of Course Computers for me are tools, fun, hobby etc.....so my opinion is completely biasuser added image user added image

# 15 24-12-2002 , 09:10 AM

Originally posted by Ari_ITT_student
2K is what I use at home and it's stability and security are it's only standouts.

And then theres OSX, also here at home. I love this operating sys. I just came back from the Apple Store with my g/f, we bought her brother some speakers and amp for the Mac, and i just fell in love with that PowerBook G4. Want one really bad! poor student though.

-adrian

Ditto with Win2K and OSX here. I prefer OSX, but I'm comfortable working with either platform. The only reason I even have a PC is for work-related stuff (game exporters, the pain that is 3ds max, etc). I spend most of my time working on my Powerbook G4 and Cinema Display though. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job